[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

Re: ROAR fun run - the tracks

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat May 16, 2015 10:00 am

Having a change of plans on my cars. The Marx Merc's just wont cut it on this race. to big, and clumsy for most of the courses, even mine!. That being said, I am entering a Jag that I am building, and maybe two to team them up. If we get close to the max mark, I will pull one of them. Mike, I am running M/T 1 power also. Great motor in that RPM range I think.
Great to see another track signing up also!
This will be fun!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby bookie » Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 am

My car is held together with a little glue and I can't remember the tires I put on :roll: OH well, my car is on it's way for a test session and won't be coming back before the start. Hope it endures at least half the tracks :pray:
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:19 am

I wonder if we should include a spares box. Motors and tires :lol:
With the variety of tracks and voltages , it will be I teresting to see who finds the
best set up.
This is a great formula for a proxy fun run and will be a true test to reflect parts that can
handle the wide variety of tracks.
I can't wait to see some of the race reports coming in.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 am

Bob, I think I may have found the best set up! Let Allan build my car! :lol: after seeing his work on the Pan Am cars, he will be hard to beat on any track. I have a great start on what I think will be a good all around car for this race. now I just have to wait and see!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:26 pm

[quote="Nor Cal Mike]
Ditto that.It morphed out of the fun run that was originally discussed. My stock Artin wheel / tire and axle sets will have to go.[/quote]

I think it's still the same fun run; we've just added a few tracks that weren't originally signed up for. No changes in the rules; they're as they were back in the Winter. I think it will be a great time for everyone; especially those that get to run these cars together! I am really looking forward to that hillclimb!

Bob T. - I'm thinking about using plastic tires..............still want me to build out a car for you................??! :mrgreen:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 16, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd thought about swapping motors , but I think I will leave them alone and just see how it all goes.
The tracks are so different that it will be one of those situations where any set up will havebits advantages and disadvantages.
But as good as this ROAR is, there really isn't a down side.
I can see this being the first Annual ROAR. Well done Allan and Bob on setting this up.
My compliments and appreciation for all your work on this.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:31 am

******DELAY OF FIRST RACE - NEW DATE JULY 15-16*******

The first race was scheduled to take place in the June 15-30 time slot. But, that was back when the due date was June 13th. With the extension to June 30th, that time slot doesn't work anymore. The new date is July 15-16, with qualification taking place, probably, on the 13th.

We have a vacation planned for June 30th-July 13th. With the old due date, that worked out fine; cars in by the 13th, race completed by the 30th, cars shipped off to the next track and then off on vacation. Now, I'm going to have to wait until after vacation to run them. Sorry.

I've talked to Todd about the delay and he thinks he'll still have time to run the three races at Mark's Model World by the end of August, which will put us back on schedule.

I have the transporter box in the works and have ordered enough plastic clamshell boxes for each of the cars that are entered, so they should be safe as they travel around to each of the 12 tracks.

I'll update this thread again when I get back on the week of July 13th.

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

Postby McLiams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:40 am

Allan,

Thanks for the update. Have a great vacation.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:05 am

No probs here, it just draws out the suspense lol.
Have a good Vacation
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:40 am

I hope this delay doesn't ripple all of the way through the program. If so, I may have to drop out of hosting due to family commitments.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Mike, It shouldn't, because Todd thinks he can run all three of his races by the end of August, which would put us back on schedule, with the cars coming to you for the November 15th-30th time slot. We'll do the best that we can on each leg of this race.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm

I can also tighten up the September run on my tracks. I will have help with the racing then, so it will go much faster for me than usual.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

We'll see how it goes as time gets closer. I need them on dates that were originally scheduled. I planned on a quick turn around here, 4-5 days in an out max. I am going out of town for an extended Thanksgiving holiday in late November. I don't mind passing if it becomes necessary.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 pm

We'll keep a close eye on it, Mike. But, hopefully, it won't come to you're having to pass on running these cars.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy