[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

Re: ROAR fun run - the tracks

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:29 pm

That's all I'm seeing, too! But, when I posted them (yesterday and this AM) they were there, so something in the forum site is compressing/removing them.

Harry, they were pics that I received vial AOL and I copy/pasted them into the thread. Is there a reason that they should have compressed to image notations?

I can try again, but unless I know what's wrong, the probability is high that they will be compressed again............

Another alternative would be for Richard to re-send the pics to me via this site in a PM.

Well, as they say..........here goes nothing...............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Sorry, looks like I can't copy/paste pics that come to me in email (AOL) into this forum (although I could do it yesterday and this AM.........??)

So, Richard, please send the pics (3 of 3 on the Rhino River track and 2 of 2 on The 1953 track) to me via a PM on this forum; thanks. Then I'll post them up.

Best,

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Thu May 14, 2015 9:09 pm

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 am

Tried that, but apparently this site won't take pics that come through AOL. Richard just sent the pics via PM this morning, so I should be able to post them to the track thread later today.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:12 am

Pics of the two tracks in South Africa have been added! I put in a couple of both tracks since we're so lucky to have our cars running in that particular part of the world. Thanks for the PM with the pics, Richard. Both the Rhino River Raceway and The 1953 look like great tracks!

The last race will be at Bob Bianchi's track in Nashua, NH. A lot of you know Bob from Slot Car Corner and other racing venues. He has a great track and I'll post a pic of it as soon as I get one from him.

Off in the wings, there is a possibility of one more track; in Canada............hang on.....................we'll see.............

Build your cars to last!!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 am

That is AWESOME!
Will definitely be building mine for endurance and longevity! ;)
Now just need to get to it! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Fri May 15, 2015 8:25 am

Wow, beauty tracks.
I wonder how many extra motors I should send lol.
This is definitely going to be a testament to the endurance of our builds.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:02 am

Yes, I think we've got some great tracks lined up thanks to the generosity of many of the participants, as well as a couple who are not participants.........or, not yet participants...... ;)

Now, it's time to get those ROAR cars built out so that we can all have some fun with them!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 am

Re voltage:

Luf's Targa is usually run at 10v for proxies, and the hill climb is 9 volts.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 am

Will be interesting to see how just how many laps our cars end up and tally over the course of this fun run!
The VNFR was 800+ using just seven tracks - I think this one will eclipse those counts! :D
(Looks like I will definitely be shoeing my cars with the PGT compound verses XPGs!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, hold onto your hats, gents. :o We have confirmation on the final track; The Ring, located in Ontario, Canada. So, this track will take the Feb 15-28 slot and Bob's track will move to March 15-31. And.........that's it. Total of 13! Let's hope it's a lucky 13!

I'll post pics of these two tracks when I get back.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri May 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri May 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Great to have the Ring on board. A fantastic track I have had the pleasure of running on .
It will be a very fitting track for this proxy.
Todd I think you are right, we will see over the 800 mark.
This has blossomed into an international series from what was an idea just a couple of months ago.
Very impressive.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 15, 2015 7:42 pm

WhooHoo! This is going to be an impressive run! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 am

Mike, that TR 250 is a timeless car; Ferrari just got it right with that one. I think for a lot of these tracks, handing will trump power. Your Artins may work fine. M/T-1 is a nice motor, though.

Chappy, glad you like The Ring. Art does a fantastic job with proxy races and his reporting/photos are top notch.

Todd, yes, I think everyone will get a chance to have their cars run on some nice tracks. Now, we've just got to get the cars done and in to the first track.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy