[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Porsche 550

Porsche 550

For 1/43rd Scale Models

Porsche 550

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:44 pm

I built a 1/43 scale Porsche 550 for the Panamerican run, but to keep things consistent scale wise have decided to pull the entry. I thought I would try an slide it in to promo 143, but have no intention of causing a a problem with it. Here is the car in its fantasy scheme and I will stick the pictures in where it belongs.

Proxy racing in 143 is few and far between, so those of us who are in this scale need to try and do something about that. I am going to add Race Coordinator to my track to allow me proper timing for 143 scale analog cars to go along with the Digital timing system I run. This will allow me to host a proxy event. The only one I am aware of is the one Peter holds in February. Perhaps I can do an Event in October to try and get some proxy activity happening in this scale.

This is a fantasy scheme done up for the race. If I can score a 1/32 scale car I may have time to yet enter the the Panamerican Proxy, but it won't be with this car.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Porsche 550

Postby LloydL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 am

Another fine build Dan!

Over recent years I have sent cars to several 1/43 proxies. It is true that the only regular event to appear on here and the other main forums is Peter's Pronomag, but others have taken place in Europe, and there have been some other international events, such as the TransAm U2 proxy of 2013.

There is definitely plenty of room for more proxies on the calender. Maybe a separate proxy discussion thread would help to get more people interested.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 am

As long as you keep the rules far away from what defines "scale" the proxy will be welcome.
As soon as you are going to use REAL SCALE rules, the only thing you will earn is discussions and
- sorry - wailing.

My own experience. The first proxy I organised, with moderate rules regarding the SCALE aspect, was a success.
The next one I suggested the rules for - REAL SCALE rules - failed totally.

Since my track will be ready to run on ( not landscaped yet of course, this is intended to be a somewhat longer lasting process ) in August I am going to start a last attempt. SCALE of course again.
If it fails once more my theories about the future development of 43rd scale slotcar racing are confirmed impressively.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:44 am

If the 1/43 scale cars will run on a 1/32 scale track, then I'll run a proxy Round for you at The River Run. I know that Jeff (dge467) has several 1/43 scale cars and has a track set up for them. He's only about 10 miles from me, so there's another possibility for you.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks for the offer Allan

I can't speak for others but all of my 1/43 scale cars are at home on 1/32 or 1/24 scale tracks. In fact some have 1/24 scale guides. Roland has some interesting comments about the issues we might face, and Lloyd suggestion of a proxy thread might be a good one to see who is interested and what the majority of people are prepared to do in this scale.

There are a few of us who are "scale" builders, but a few are probably not enough to sustain a proxy environment. So for this we need to go out and see what the 143 crowd would want.

Your offer to host an event is most welcome. Part of the reason for me submitting a 143 car was to expose the 132 crowd to how a scale built 143 car performs. No magnets, urethane tires and decent power make them fun to run, and they look right at home on a 132 track. Perhaps even a little better as there is more room between the cars. I don't limit my modeling to any particular scale when it comes to slot cars, and therefor I run different scales on my track. I was hoping to expose the 132 guys to the thought of building a few cars in 143. When it comes to diecast subject matter to build resin copies from 143 scale is probably the best out there.

So I will start a thread in the 143 section about proxy racing and see where it goes.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Beautiful looking car barc. Been a dream of mine to run the real race.... Maybe someday hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:18 am

that´s for sure the best looking 550 i´ve seen by now in this scale!
it looks awesome!
will it get a driver figure?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:35 am

Yes it had two drivers

Here it is showing Jim Clark how it is done

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:56 am

Beautifully done car for any scale. The 550 is one of my favorites.

Can we see the chassis?
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:41 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:18 pm

That looks great. Is the pod something you buy or something you make? I'm guessing this will walk the dog on factory entries.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Well it runs much better then Carrera factory 1/43 cars, but so much depends on the motor. Pictured is a 30K RPM,but it has terrible braking characteristics. So the top end is very good, but drivability suffers without good braking effect. I have since stumbled on to a 12 Volt 16K rpm motor that is much more drivable in this configuration.

I tried a 132 version of this chassis out in the Targa 132 proxy and it is not doing so well with a failed guide post, and it was using one of these hot mini motors, not suited at all to 132 racing. I have another one in the Panamerican Proxy and I think that one will do better as it is running a Jack Rabbit motor in an inline configuration. Here is a 143 inline version

However it is all all plastic and glue, so maybe 132 proxy racing will be too much for it.

For 143 home tracks though it does fine.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 am

the picture with Jim Clark is awesome! it looks really great!
the roll bar is great, very nice!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase