[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Digital GT40

Digital GT40

For 1/43rd Scale Models

Digital GT40

Postby BARC 1 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:10 pm

I have finished Digital car # 4. A GT 40 in Gulf colors
Using the new digital 143 chassis with a Carrera D132 full function decoder this car has working lights and brake lights. Pattos decals over an acrylic painted home cast shell.

This set up allows for a tray interior with driver. I had to remove a capacitor and add leads so I could position it off the board to give me the room I needed.

Sorry for the poor depth of field, not sure what is up. I didn't notice this until I uploaded the pictures

Cheers

Dan

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Digital GT40

Postby chappy » Fri May 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Very nice job Dan.
Amazing that you got all the electrics inside.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby LloydL » Fri May 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Lovely job Dan, as usual!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Your mods seem to be a great guide for "how to" enjoy both digital and analog and mixing 1/43 with 1/32. Very cool.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat May 28, 2016 12:31 am

:clap:
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:57 am

Great looking car!! Nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby jhrico » Sat May 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Very nice! One suggestion, if I may, have you considered using a thin black market for the edges around the glass? Sometimes I see that makes the car a more detailed look.
jhrico

Postby BARC 1 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:02 pm

I have added a front sun visor and also like the look of black mask when done well.

This car will receive that treatment at some point.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

awesome work, Dan!
To avoid light leaking through behind the LED to the track, painting the body black on the inside before attaching the LEDs helps. Also on the part of the LED that can be seen from below.
very, very nice!
i´m sure the interior is really cramped.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:20 pm

On some I have cut pieces of duct tape to keep the light getting out from under the car. I never did it on this one. When the cars are in motion the light bleed is hardly noticable.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:19 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:12 am

Well that is the truth. I know the interiors are all wasted in these small slot cars. Lately I have gone to just driver trays as the seat belts, gear shift etc can never be seen unless the body is off the car.

I still have fun doing a full interior, but it is only done to cure my need for a scale like appearance. I myself have a hard time telling which cars have full interiors vs the ones with a good driver tray.

The only thing I have been building with full interiors lately are the open cockpit cars. If a car has a roof, it gets a tray.

Back to the light bleed issue. For the time it takes to prevent this light bleed, I should just do it as part of the build. A lot of time I post pictures before the car is fully completed, and one of the last things I do is add the mirrors and fix up the lights.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:35 pm

We have really similar attitudes. I am a real scale purist, but regarding interiors I do the same you do. A vacuformed tray with a bust, panel, fire extinguisher and some small detail is sufficent for all saloons.

On the other hand I like the challenge of a really well and fine detailed cockpit in an open car.

As to the light bleeding under the car - send me a pm with your address and I'll send you a sheet of self - sticking aluminum foil. It is not as thin as BMF or kitchen foil or so, it is thicker and can be used for a lot of detailing purposes. It sticks extremely well. I have such a big roll of it that it would last for the next ten lives or more...

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks for the offer Roland , I already have a roll of that stuff. I am using it for window trim and other details. Never thought of using it to shield the light thought. It would be perfect for that. It also makes great paint mask.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:09 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase