[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Digital Chassis

New Digital Chassis

For 1/43rd Scale Models

Re: New Digital Chassis

Postby walker » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:07 pm

And yours have black magnets. These are stronger ceramic mags.
Mine have Neos, you see they are silver as Neos usually are.

But the carbon brushes are a major reason for the better performance. And I must say the ones you use are more than sufficient for our minicars. I have been using them for some time now, too, and am totally satisfied. The Neo ones were a special order from me. They need total different gear ratios.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Interesting. I sourced out some of these, but they have a 22mm long can. They would be OK for an inline but the can is too long for a sidewinder application. I could not find any in a 15 mm can like you have

What kind of RPM are these turning at 10 volts? I suppose the stronger magnet gives you more torque throughout the speed range?

I am quite happy with my current choice, but am always looking for something different. More interested in the braking then the top end. I have motors that will make these cars fly, but they are no fun to drive because of the horrible braking characteristics. I would have to stick magnets in the cars to get them drivable, and then that puts me back into something that drives like the standard GO car.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:10 am

Well, the long can ones are rather widespread meanwhile. The 15 mm ones not, they were made on my order. It took quite some time, money and patience to get them running well.
They run 17.500 rpm at 9 Volts.
But to be honest, they are lying around and I primarily use the polymer ceramic magnet motors. They have a better, more controllable performance characteristics. And together with a well calibrated gear ratio they work just as I want them to : SCALE - LIKE for 43 rd scale slotcar models, not endless high rpm and speed close to wing cars.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks Roland. I will continue to use my current choice then as I find they deliver a good performing 143 car for home use, which is all 143 scale is really.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:00 pm

And my opinion is the speed should match the scale - as long as we talk about hobbycars and not about special on-purpose hitech vehicles.
I do not have any fun at all seeing ( or not seeing anymore because of the speed...) a car rip along the track at a speed that is absolutely unrealistic.It is not a big deal to make a chassis a bit heavier and install the biggest possible motor, not having SCALE in mind but pure speed.
But tastes differ.
Of course I build faster and more engineered cars, too, but very seldom. I prefer enjoying my models without always having to be afraid of crashing them because of overpowering and irrealistic speed.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jhrico » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Would you guys care to say what gear ratios you are using for each? I may want to try both in the fall and want to start ordering stuff. I want to use them in some tiny diecasts (gp)
jhrico

Postby walker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:28 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Typically 20 tooth spur gears and 8 tooth pinions for me. The only diecast I have used is the older 60 vintage F1 cars. The rest are resin , and all in they are about 50 grams in wt.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase