[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Toyota Dome 86C-L

Toyota Dome 86C-L

For 1/43rd Scale Models

Toyota Dome 86C-L

Postby taskak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 am

Last edited by taskak on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Toyota Dome 86C-L

Postby pfuetze » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:13 am

Very nice work, Aki!
The Toyota is a very nice car!
nice work on the chassis!
are the wheels from the kit running true? how about grip?
what axles did you use? back SCX, front Ranch?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 am

Nice job on everything. Paint decals etc look great. The resin kits are a good source for us. A little pricey, but you end up with all you need. If you are looking for some urethane tires, PM me with the rim size. I have cast a whole bunch of tires recently, and maybe I have something that will fit that rim.

I was using good rubber tires, but once I switched to urethane I was converted. Your car will run 20% faster with the urethane tires.( if you are running magnetless cars) I use gorilla glue for mounting them as shown on this site. The gorilla glue holds fast but is easy to break free when you want and it leaves no residue on the rim.

Well done and thanks for posting. People are probably fed up with me by now and all my 60's race cars, so some other projects are most welcome. The Toyota is a great subject.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Neat job, looks just right!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 pm

You wrote the kit contained aluminum wheels.

The chassis photo shows set screws in the aluminum hubs.

This is very interesting, because I have ca. 100 Provence Moulage kits and none of them has rims with set screws, not even this Toyota, of which I have a kit as well.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:26 am

Thanks guys, front axle is 2mm axle that came with the kit. Front wheels are glued to it, there are no set screws on the rims.
I admit that it looks like set screw on the picture but those are just reflections on shiny aluminium.
Rear axle is yes SCX, I drilled the center holes to 2,3mm on the wheels and they are for now just pressed on to the axle.
Tires aren't glued but I did a quick search and found that gorilla glue that Dan suggested is available on a local hardware store so next time I go there I'll get that and give it a try.
Grip is after sanding ok, nothing special but works well even after I raised the magnet about 2-3 mm.
Nomag is a direction where I'm slowly heading but not until I figure out where to place a permanent track with aprons.
I don't know about the others but I'm not yet fed up with your cars Dan and thank you for your offer, I'll think about it.

Cheers, Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks, Aki.

I should have done it first - enlarge the picture....

Now I see that the dark patches are not round but longish - as you wrote simply a reflection.

All in all - using static kits of this quality ends in really good looking, cleanly built and decaled real SCALE models .

Excellent. I love it.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase