[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1964 Corvette Grand Sport

1964 Corvette Grand Sport

For 1/43rd Scale Models

1964 Corvette Grand Sport

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Last edited by BARC 1 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1964 Corvette Grand Sport

Postby MichiganCur » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Looks sharp, definitely got a c3 on my list of must build.... Might have to make it a gs now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:54 am

you get better and better, Dan!
The Corvette looks great, sitting very nice and low!
great work!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks Peter. I am finding this scale fun to work in. The cars are much more responsive in their NOMAG form and I am finding they behave the same as larger scales if you give them a chance to. I was adding just a bit of magnetic force to start with , but now I am completely mag free, other then what ever mag force the motor may have on my metal rails.

I have been working on 1/16 scale tanks for 10 years so changing to this much smaller scale has meant refining some of my airbrushing skills. On a big tank you never look for gloss, and little imperfections are quite acceptable. In the smaller scale under the magnifying lens of a camera, every little imperfection pops out. So I am trying to be more particular with each build. The pictures help me. I can see areas under the lens that I can't see with my eyes. This GS corvette has to go under some light sanding, and perhaps another coat of paint before the decals applied as I have noticed some tiny resin bumps I did not see before.

Thanks to You, Lloyd and your examples plus the ever critical eye of Roland each build is getting slightly better then the last.

I really believe scale building in 1/43 scale can be a fun aspect of slot car racing. Because there is such a large 1/43 scale diecast market I am finding detail parts are available with a little bit of browsing. As I discover more of these detail parts it allows me to put more into each car. As I enjoy resin casting, I doubt I could find a better scale to work in that has such a vast array of subject cars to work with.

I am hoping some of the 1/32 scale guys may take a crack at a 1/43 scale car. They look really good on 1/32 scale track, so why not.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:18 am

That looks great - and the use of the buttons to simulate rally wheels is pretty darn slick!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Got some decals and finished up the Grand Sport today. Here are the finished photos. I lightly sanded off the rough spots that were apparent in the earlier photos and then used Future as a clear coat after the decals were applied.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:15 pm

yep, the picture normally show things that you will never seen if you look at the car in your hand, totally agree.
but when you race the car, you see even less. and that´s what we are building cars for :D

very nice work on the finishing touches of the Vette!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase