[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Porsche 917 K

1/43 Porsche 917 K

For 1/43rd Scale Models

1/43 Porsche 917 K

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

I am continuing to scratchbuild my favorite cars. Here is a Porsche 917 K done up in the Gulf colors. This is a resin cast body( two part mold, as I got tired of grinding and filing) No interior as this one was built for more go and less show. Has vacuum formed glass and a drivers head though.

A modified Gift Card Chassis as I continue to try and find speed with this set up. This car is my first non mag car to break the 5 second lap so is running about 20% faster then cars I sent to the proxy race running my own cast urethane tires.

Decals are from Pattos

Pictures indicate some more work is required. Taillights look pretty shoddy. Easily fixed with some styrene strip painted red in place of just the paint

I am going to lay up a Grandsport Corvette mold so that should be something you will be seeing in the future.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Porsche 917 K

Postby walker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Why are the wheels so much inside the wheelarches ?

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Another fine build Dan!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:42 pm

I could probably move the front wheels out, the rear wheels are pretty much how the 1:1 cars sat. Note how the bottom of the shell sits flush with the wheels and then the upper body is quite a bit past the tires.

I wasn't paying attention even to this when I built the chassis. It was laid up for a P4, and then I noticed the wheel base was the same so I put this Porsche body on it. I can add some spacers and move the front wheels out more. Should even help in a better handling car.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:07 pm

I still think that the Gulf livery is one of the best ever put on a race car. Very nice ride

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 am

Never trust in drawings unless they are from the factory...

http://orig04.deviantart.net/0204/f/201 ... 8735dz.jpg

Another placement variant of the rear wheels, and more logical and better looking.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:26 am

Might come down to the tires selected. Online on photos of the real cars I have found varying degrees of this overhang relationship. Some even have wheels outside the body work. A Google search of the 917 k will result in hundreds of pictures of the real cars to demonstrate this.

cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:15 am

:text-bravo: Awesome. Your skills are savage. Who really cares where the wheels are when the car is moving around the track?
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Nice build Dan.
I bet getting the inner dimensions right was a bear.
Great job.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:18 pm

After viewing the first pictures, I was able to go back and fix a few things to improve the appearance of the Gulf Porsche

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BazingaRacerX » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Really nice build. One of my favourites. I'm impressed with your level of detail. Great car!
BazingaRacerX

Postby walker » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:28 pm

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks guys. I am still not thrilled with how the headlights turned out. The Black mask is too thick, but the trouble to fix it would just about destroy the rest of the decals and paint. There is one prototpye picture I found with a fairly thick mask, and that is what I was trying to duplicate, but the effort was not that good. Nice thing about having the molds is it is easier just to do another one. Which I have done. Going to do it in the Gulf colors but without the front and lower side orange. Well it will be just like the one pictured in the drawings.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:16 am

very nice work, Dan!
The 917 looks great!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase