[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Scratchbuild parts suppliers thread.

1/43 Scratchbuild parts suppliers thread.

For 1/43rd Scale Models

1/43 Scratchbuild parts suppliers thread.

Postby LloydL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 pm

A PLACE TO SHARE WHERE YOU BUY YOUR 1/43 SCRATCHBUILD PARTS FROM!

Several people have asked where I buy parts from on some of the build threads. My usual answer has to be Ebay International!

Like a lot of other hobbyists, the money I have to spend on my hobbies varies between £ 0 and £ not much! So I scratchbuild and recycle.

Most of my proxy cars reuse running gear that I bought from Ranch Design in 2009.

I buy all the guides, metals and screws from Ebay suppliers in the UK, and the wheels and Tyres from France and Italy. The wheels are made by various manufacturers and are made for 1/43 static models. They usually are bored for an axle of 1.5 or 1.6mm, similar to HO slotcars and many static models. I usually search on International Ebay for 1/43 Jantes, or 1/43 Rues and pneus.

There are several companies that supply some parts useful to 1/43 scratchbuild builders, but I have not used them.

Can you recommend any good suppliers?

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/43 Scratchbuild parts suppliers thread.

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:50 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Anyone got a good supplier of single flanged 3/32 id bushings?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Almost any slotcar spares supplier. Just depends on where is handy for you.

Or Ebay.

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:11 pm

I guess I'm searching wrong... Got some but ended up being a hair tight and other than that jus seeing lots of bearings.

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Ok finally found some that weren't double flanged

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Lloyd you got me into this , lol, now I need some help with tires.
Artin 43 and D43 models Gt and Classic Lemans, Also have some Carrera 43.
Is there any where to get these tires or do I need to pour my own. Urethane only.
Thanks
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby MichiganCur » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 pm

There is a guy on eBay who sells artin replacement parts, his store is closed till March though.

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 am

1. Single flanged bearings : A hand, a minidrill with cutter, a file, some minutes
Stick the bearing on an axle, so you can hold it easier, cut off the major excess with the minidrill and do the fine work with the file.
Or - what I did before I got my lathe - I glued the bearings on an axle with superglue and removed one flange in the minidrill with a file.
A bit heat afterwards removes the bearings from the axle, soak them in acetone, take an acetone - wet pipe cleaner to get the remains out - ready.
I always made some more than actually needed - who knows....
Sorry, I'm a scratchbuilder. The time to waste for searching is often not less than making various things oneself. But less satisfying.

2. Tyres : http://slotcarparts.de/index.php?cPath=24_25

Carsten also makes tyres on demand for a reasonable price. And shipping from Germany to the US is much cheaper than vice versa.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:36 am

Thanks Roland, Carsten offers some very useful parts, I am hoping to have some of his products on show at the 2016 UK Slot Car Festival.

There is an English language version of the site, but i can not find it. I will ask him about it.

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 pm

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello Bob, I hadnt forgotten your enquiry about urethane tyres/tires for Artin and Carrera GO cars..

Strangely enough, it seems as though they can only be found in Europe these days. At least that seems that way according to Google.

Ebay Canada and USA both show jel Claws from the US and urethane from France.

I am surprised to see no American urethane makers these days. Maybe others know of more suppliers.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:49 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:58 am

Awesome, thanks Roland.

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Here the translation of the rim descriptions

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase