[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - horsetrading

horsetrading

For 1/43rd Scale Models

horsetrading

Postby walker » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:15 am

Lloyd once again showed something that really can help propelling 43rd scale as a slotcar AND modeling hobby :

His resin bodies.

Wouldn´t it be useful if everyone who has moulds and who is willing to sell or swap his works showed his resin shells here, too ?
The shells needn´t be absolute perfect - most of us are scratchbuilders - but should be worth swapping / buying.

Once more - a bit modified/modernized - my friend William :

There are more resin bodies in Heaven and Earth [...] // Than are dream't of in our Philosophy.

[William Shakespeare]

+ Roland ;)
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: horsetrading

Postby MichiganCur » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:48 am

It's something that I would like to try my hand at but haven't gotten to... Though I wonder about some legality issues as I have a few dicasts I'd like to resin cast for making into slots.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:31 am

Michigancur, I discussed the legal aspect with a good friend who makes masters for white metal kits, diecasts and resin slot car bodies. He said that taking a mold from a diecast for the purpose of making slot car bodies is ok, as they are for a different use to the diecast.

I dont know how this would stand in law, but that is how I look at it.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:50 am

My concern as well.

One off's and a small group of guys sharing is flying pretty low under the radar. I would never offer my shells for sale officially, but if someone wants to buy one or swap I would entertain that idea through a pm or email.

Like Lloyd, because the resin copies are repurposed for slot cars and not really in competition with the Diecast market, ethically i don't lose any sleep over it.

The market is underserved by those that have the ability, so how can we be blamed for doing what we have to do to enjoy this scale.
Last edited by BARC 1 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Thanks guys, that was kinda what I was thinking, especially as a couple that I was wanting to do I'd be modifying quite a bit. So I'm sure that with the work I'd be in the safe zone on those.

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

-

Postby walker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:05 am

-
Last edited by walker on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MichiganCur » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Some nice shells there. That road runner / gtx got my wheels turning

MichiganCur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:51 pm

I have copies of everything I have posted and would be interested in swapping shells if anyone is interested. My favorite is 60's roadsters and Can Am cars.

I just slush cast, but with the resin I use I am able to get a pretty thin shell. Typically a little nose heavy, I sometimes have to mill out the front nose to allow room for the guide to swing freely, and of course remove windows when required.

If a person wanted these they come predressed so will requires some sanding and filing.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 am

It would be nice to show photos, so that interested people get a first impression.
Would you please show us photos, Dan ?

Thank you,

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/43rd Scale Showcase