New push truck at Hells Gate speedway

For 1/25th & 1/24th Scale Models

New push truck at Hells Gate speedway

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:35 am

I decided I need a good push truck / track cleaner. I picked up this 50 chevy kit at Hobby Lobby, and used the body and fenders. This one is set on a stretched H&R Chassis with no frills. I did narrow up the wheels and add a full set of my urethane narrow tires. The rear of the brass frame will have a plug in brass tube, to allow me to quickly add the 11" cross bar that holds tape for cleaning the track. The front is equipped with a push bar to clear away those rolled over Jalopy's when they crash. The color is olive drab, over a red primer base. I sanded the top coat with 1000 grit wet or dry to achieve that well worn look. The bed will have the oxy welding kit from The AMT 53 ford service truck, as well as the hand tools, and whatever else I can add to get that work truck look i'm after. The driver figure is a montage of resin driver body, with Dodge dart kit driver arms, and a Carrera 1/24 street car head. still need to dull coat the door decals, and black out the chrome grill, and other such little items, but it looks pretty cool to me .
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to 1/25th & 1/24th Scale Showcase