[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Scale Wheels

1/24 Scale Wheels

For 1/25th & 1/24th Scale Models

1/24 Scale Wheels

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:53 pm

I am looking for a source for 1/24 scale wheels for a mid 50s Lister Knobbly. They should be about 15-16 inch rims and tall sidewall tires. They can be plain hub for inserts. Almost all of the 1/24 stuff I see online is modern wide skinny sidewall stuff that just wouldn't look right on this historic car. I would actually prefer the wheels to use 3/32" axles but I know most 1/24 is 1/8", so either would work.

If anyone has anything like this they want to sell, or a link to a source, let me know.

Thanks,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Scale Wheels

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby gascarnut » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Depending on how wide you want the wheel to be, you could consider the NSR wheels for the Fly Trucks.

It you can find them, TSRF had a nice wheel too but I am not sure of their availability any more, I know Electric Dreams shows them as out of stock.

Pro-Track also make some nice wheels for 3/32 axles, but they have foam mounted so you would need to remove that.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:38 am

I have some old Cox rims. I am just not sure exactly what I have. I'll rummage through my stash of 1/24 scale stuff to see exactly what I have. They are most likely threaded and are for a 1/8 axle. I dug out a set for a Ferrari P4 I am working on. A set of PGTs worked really well on them for a 132 car. I know I have a bunch of these rims, just not sure exactly what they are. I think I got wheel sets for the following

BRM
FERRARI
LOTUS
GT40

The Lotus wheels are tapered with knock offs so a little out of the ordinary and you need axles for them, which I have, but they would be too long for 132. Unfortunately as I was a Lotus fan, I think the bulk of these wheels are for the Lotus

I'll check

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:23 am

lotus 30.JPGWe use a lot of Cox rims to make inserts for Protrack wheels.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I think I have solved the problem for now. I bought four pair of BWA 18x10 wheels from D'Art Hobbies. The tires Art sent me are just about there, so my friend "3D Ron" will use the D'Art tire as a pattern and make a buck with slightly more sidewall and then cast them in urethane. We are both using these wheels with two Lister Knobbly bodies that Ron has 3D printed. He has a file for the inserts as well. They should look good once they are finished and I can order more wheels from Art if I need them.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/25th & 1/24th Scale Showcase