[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My Trans Am build....

My Trans Am build....

For 1/32nd Scale Models

My Trans Am build....

Postby wanabgts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:19 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My Trans Am build....

Postby docdoom » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 pm

ugly? nothing a coat of black paint wont fix there zac
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Yep, some bigger shoes on the rear are all you need to fill up those wheel wells some more and complete the great look. Nice tribute to Donohue and Penske. This was one of the most dominate cars in the TA series and racing history.

Hope it runs as good as it looks. If you need a little more give for the motor pod or body mounts consider foam donuts. Got the tip on HRW and make them from 1/8" craft foam using a belt punch from Harbor Freight ($7).
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi Zack,....nice job !!.............from the overhead shot it appears that your pinion is only running on half the spur......any flex in the motor pod/axle uprights can lead to gear mesh issues/failure.......I have seen this often, it is not uncommon, particularly in a proxy series where the cars run many many laps with no adjustments made.....the wheels/spur will tend to move slightly, increasing lateral movement of the rear axle, and if this happens,......on left hand corners, you will have issues.

As a general rule, even if the pinion is 5/10 thou. proud of the outside face of the spur. you are good to go.

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Chris, After this was taken I swapped it to aluminum spur I took a small amount of material off of. I now have full spur engagement! With how narrow this car is it was a challenge for me to get everything packed in there.

Thanks for looking out as always!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:54 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Chris, I will look that up it seems right up my alley!

Thanks,
Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:11 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

That is hard to beat. Post a link Chris, please. I used a scalpel for years making these things from a scrap of black silicone tubing and I have missed them for a long time since I ran out. I can't wait to get a bunch of them.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:11 pm

I'd place a small .010 spacer on the left axle and flip the spur to gain room also on that side. I hope the next Trans Am round is 2.5 and under as I would hate to compete against this car and MANY others like it. I'd rather keep you guys at the drawing board.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm

I never heard or thought about urethane or silicone washers. I now use 1/2" screws and 2 1/8" foam donuts for rear body mounts on recent builds so I can draw the body down as needed for tire/body clearance and desired stance.

I will try the others when I can get some.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby mattb » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Nice job, it all looks fine.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase