Sort of scratch Dart creations

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Sort of scratch Dart creations

Postby ferrari1950 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:13 pm

I am not much of a "scratch" builder but I do Ok with placing a variety of chassis and wheels and gears under different cars that catch my fancy. These are all bodies by my good friend Art on an assortment of different chassis, some modified to fit. All these cars are good to great runners and add a distinct touch to the collection.

This Brabham and Ferrari are repops based on Scaley stuff. Toy like but great fun. Little bit of brass kit, some decent CB design wheels and left over gears, modern Scalextric cans and stuck together like the originals.The body is the chassis here and both compete well together. I cast my own tires so there is always a set that fits the need.

This beautiful Ferrari 290mm runs on a MRRC chassis with Pendle wheels with Dart inserts.

The Ferrari 312 P was an Atlas repop me thinks. Pendle chassis, BWA wheels, slot.it white end bell motor and NSR gearing. Things just run so well under this car. Tried a different paint, other than Tamiya and very unhappy with it but for now it must do.

Love this Chappy! Runs on a trimmed Fly Chevron chassis. A bit noisy but so ugly cool, right down to the Lexan skirts.

These are the latest creations. The green stack pipe BRM ( Super Shells?) and Matra MS19 (Airfix?/MRRC repops?), both on Pendle stuff with Dart ff can. About to order decals from Pattos to finish a couple of these cars and time to come up with some more projects.
ferrari1950

Re: Sort of scratch Dart creations

Postby munter » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 am

Nice work Ferrari1950.

The 290 shell must be one of the QM items as I think they are the only people who have done it....unless I am mistaken which is entirely possible.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Pretty sure your Ferrari 312P Coupe is the same body as my current build based on the old Aurora kit.

Nice classic line up.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Marek, Indycals has a really nice decal sheet for the Matra (J. P. Beltoise),............much nicer than anything from Pattos'. Very reasonable shipping, and super quick delivery.....he (Michael) is based in the US.

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PetesLightKits » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Some nice looking rides there Marek. Like the 612P and the 2J.

Peter
PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Nice line up!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase