Trans Am decals needed

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Trans Am decals needed

Postby slothead » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:43 am

I'm thinking about repainting a Scalextric Camaro not currently being used as the car below that raced during the 1972 season.

I need four numbers (two large for the doors, and two smaller ones for the hood and trunk), and the two front fender decals. We used to go past Jocko's shop on our way to church in Poughkeepsie, NY and it would be fun to add his car to my series.

If anyone can print these decals let me know and I'll compensate you for your materials and effort. One sheet with doubles of everything would be ideal.

If anyone knows of a reliable source for custom decals that would be appreciated too.

Thanks.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: Trans Am decals needed

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 am

That car is SWEET !!!! Good luck decal hunting.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:50 am

Jocko won the Trans Am championship in 1976 driving a former Penske-Donohue Javelin. No way he could beat the big boys in '72 with a car he designed and built himself, but he kept at it.

This is the car being used for the transformation:

If I can't get replica decals I'll find another way to get some 15's on the car and go for it. The competition this time will be other Scalextric & Pioneer cars, so no one will have an advantage.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:29 pm

Looks like I'm not going to do this car after all. The never raced #78 Camaro I'd decided to use for this turned out to be a slug. Qualified 30th out of 30 cars, and was last by a healthy amount. I did some minor tuning things to it and no change.

Jocko wasn't a contender in the #15, but he didn't stink up the place either.

Even if the livery came out nice, as is, it would still gather a lot of dust in the infield. If I get a better donor car to repaint I'll reconsider.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Return to 1/32 Showcase