[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - 1970 Pontiac Trans Am [Finished 5/1]

1970 Pontiac Trans Am [Finished 5/1]

For 1/32nd Scale Models

1970 Pontiac Trans Am [Finished 5/1]

Postby dge467 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:56 pm

This is a old monogram 1/32 kit. Recently dragged out of the project barn. It is quite the glue bomb! I can't even remove the windows because they are so heavily glued in position. That is alright, they can just be masked off. Interior actually has some mold in it! Yuk! The body will be mounted on a Scalextric Camaro chassis. I will be modifying the kit interior to fit, and I will make a rear bulkhead to cover the motor. It is still in the mock up stages of the build.

Last edited by dge467 on Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1970 Pontiac Trans Am

Postby Rleog » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:58 am

Jerry Titus would be proud.

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 am

I can't wait to see the finished car. Here is one that I did using a resin body.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 am

I remember that car. Beautiful paint.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Looking forward to the outcome. I used the same kit to do the Jerry Titus #8 car on a Scaley Chev Impala chassis.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Great looking project...looking forward to the finish!!

Sweeeet ride there RD...love that color combo!!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks for looking.

That looks great Rich!

The interior is all mocked up and ready for paint. I made the rear bulkhead from some plastic stock. The roll bar is made by soldering some solid core wire together, I have to file down the solder a bit still.

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1970 Pontiac Trans Am Update 4/10

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:54 am

Looking real good - as usual!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:08 am

Mold on a model...can't tell you how many times I've seen that. NASTY! The re-done interior looks great!

I have always loved this car. Everytime Rich posts the picture of his I get nostalgic!

One of my first resins if I recall. I made two:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:17 am

That is one of my favorite cars...Looking forward to the finished car..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Strikes me why Scalextric haven't added the #8 Titus car to their T/A series. After all they did a one off of the #77 Challenger.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:42 pm

I'd have a whole collection of Titus cars if I could. As it is, I have done the Firebird/Camaro in 1/24th & 1/32nd. Then there's the yellow/black Mustang... I'm gonna go look up what else he drove.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Dave, where did you get the #92 TireBird decals?
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 pm

On eBay so many years ago, I have no idea who.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 pm

They look great Dave!

I have got the interior finished and the body is painted with some Rustoleum blue paint.

dge467
The King of Foil

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase