[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My First Scratch build, MRRC Ferrari.

My First Scratch build, MRRC Ferrari.

For 1/32nd Scale Models

My First Scratch build, MRRC Ferrari.

Postby wanabgts » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:41 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My First Scratch build, MRRC Ferrari.

Postby Lou E » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:49 pm

So how does it run? I really like how you mounted the motor, nice work!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Nice job Zack.......considering that this is your first chassis. It should be considered a really nice job !! :clap:

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:24 pm

You will always remember your first. Nice job. Looks fast.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Just to be sure that you hear this from a 50+ year veteran (there's lots of us on HRW), don't put down your solder joints. It is clear that you got good flow (a bit longer heating up the material will sink the solder right in with lots of flux), and adhesion is sure thereby. Good choice for the body, too. Lots of candidates in that class are harder to cram a sidewinder into. As for tips, just keep the body mount screws loose, and put nylon washers between the wheels and the chassis on the axles. A little Tamiya coarse polishing compound will ease the gears smooth (of course, clean the grit out after you get smooth), and don't over-oil the motor. That's really all you need, you did everything else. Excellent work.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Good job man! Thanks for sharing it, and keep at it,
:text-bravo:
Nice car!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks for compliments and tips. I will make sure to use them.

As long as I can get the chatter out of it there shouldnt be any problem hanging with the other cars in this class.

There was a minute there where I didnt think the sidewinder was going to happen. But with a little angle and some extra bending for gear clearance I was able to just make it.

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Nice going. You're over the big initial hump so they'll get easier with repetition.

As chrisguyw emphasizes, make sure it's flat and square.

Looking forward to seeing more builds.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Nice job....if it runs smooth, that's what matters.
Biggest thing is that you took the plunge and built.... congratulations!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Sweetness...you are now an official scratch builder Zack!!! The next one and next one and next one get easier and prettier!!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:16 pm

This old monagram mold has a special place in my slot world. It was the first static model kit that I used on my old eldon track as a kid. Just love that car.

Thanks for sharing. Building in brass is always a rewarding way to spend some time
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:42 pm

Got to run the car again last night on our local track. I got the new front tires in, but did not have a chance to glue and true them up. Still they were much rounder than what I had. It has a little chatter still right up near the limit which I hope will be removed when I clean up them up.

Other than that it runs great and was putting in fairly competitive times for the class!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Once you have ground the front tires true, coat then with nail varnish. That will smooth out the car a lot.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase