[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Flatbush Chassis Worx/ Policar Ferrari F40 build

Flatbush Chassis Worx/ Policar Ferrari F40 build

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Flatbush Chassis Worx/ Policar Ferrari F40 build

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Been working on getting tools and bodies dug out of boxes today to turn my desk into a workbench. :) Lots of chassis to build. Have two more bodies coming this week Avant Peugeot 908 and a Avant Porsche Kremer I picked up cheap along with my chassis jig and wire bender. Should be good to go for a while. Going to need to stock up on some brass and wire. Have a little bit but not much. This will probably end up being my build thread for all chassis.

Think first up will be the two 911's with Scaleauto tech 2 slimline and then the F40 with Sideways baby raptor. Just to try them out. Should be good for my small track. Think.

:music-rockout:
Last edited by SRQSloter on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Flatbush Chassis Worx under cunstruction

Postby bill from nh » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:19 pm

We'll be looking forward to your progress. :)
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Good to see you're back into slots. I seem to recall that you had a really neat and compact workshop inside a closet space.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Got Jig? :banana-dance:

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:17 pm

I know you're missing a piece of equipment from a few years back, the Micromark drill press.

RetroRacer bought it from you when you were moving on to other things and unfortunately passed away a year later. It's now in my hands and has been helpful in my scratch building. Good tools do make a difference.

Funny (and sadly) how things work out.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Ahh man! Didn't know that. He was a good guy always liked him. :(

Yeah I could use that again. :lol: Along with bunch of other stuff. Slowly getting things gathered back up again. Won't be getting another one of those though. Got lucky and came across that at the local train store. Guy brought it in for them to sell. Think I'm going to pick me up a jewelers drill press this time. Should do what I need. Small and just need it for making motor brackets and guide tongues mostly. I can get by without it for now though. Next thing I need to pick up though is a tire truer.

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Flatbush Chassis Worx/ Policar Ferrari F40 build

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Finally getting back in the groove. Been a long time since I fired up the iron. Today I got with it and made a motor bracket and sorted out some parts. Going to have to order parts for the 911's but, I did dig up enough to get started on the F40. Still will need some parts for it. This will get me in the groove though. :banana-dance:

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Got a chance to do some more work on this chassis. Body mounts front and rear. First time doing them this way. Was a whole lot of measuring and re-measuring. But, they came out good and the body posts match up perfect and chassis is centered. Guide tongue made today and two uprights on front axle tube. Need to make two more rails with uprights to go on the front of the tube and then figure out the side pans. This may be the longest chassis build ever. :lol:

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Rusty, where did you get the blue mat you are working on? It looks like a nice peice.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Mike, I got it off ebay. It's a electronics silicone soldering mat. Think it was like 10-12 bucks.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:44 pm

That chassis's shaping up nicely.

Like that silicone work pad. Surprised it wasn't hard plastic. Going to look for one. Thanks for posting.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bill from nh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:21 am

Dan, i looked last night & found them for $10.99. It seems the company makes both cheaper & more expensive ones too, but I didn't check those out.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:37 am

Totally awesomeness!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Finally got this thing done. :) Get some wheels and tires then I can get her rolling.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase