[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Aurora 32 Ford sedan hot rod

Aurora 32 Ford sedan hot rod

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Aurora 32 Ford sedan hot rod

Postby VTECFOUR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:29 pm

My friend with a penchant of finding locally built 1/32 kits came up with another beauty, an Aurora 32 Ford sedan.

I've never seen this kit in-person and I'm wowed. Image

Love the channeled and chopped look, customized rolled rear end and the big wheels/tires.

Again, "want to borrow it to make a body mold?"

Yeah, a no-brainer.

Stay tuned.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Aurora 32 Ford sedan

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Cool looking kit and motor!
(a cast of both that body and the 348/409 would make great drag car fodder!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Broman62 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 pm

That is so cool!! And I’m sure the mold you make will be even better...Sweeeet find by your buddy!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:01 am

As always, the first cast is a learning experience. Didn't have as much resin mix as I wanted, so the joints at the main body/fender area were thin. Needed some strengthening so JB Weld fast cure epoxy was applied.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the result. This was my most challenging slosh cast to date with the myriad of horizontal and vertical surfaces to cover.

Gotta mold some rad fronts now.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am

Dan,
Pretty awesome for a slush casting, I would say. That's one I would do in several pours so good on you for tackling it.
Cool subject!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:22 pm

On a roll building chassis so cut some assorted brass and assembled parts for one of my adjust-o-wheelbase ones.

Rear wheels/tires are 1/24 MB Slot 18 x 8 rims without ribs or outer flanges/unidentified PGs. RS Slot RSW002 15 x 7and PG 21073 will fill the front.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Aurora 32 Ford sedan hot rod

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Dan anytime the word "different" enters into the conversation I sit up and lean forward!!

You won't have to worry about 10 of these showing up anywhere you race, which adds to the fun.

Look forward to watching the build!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 pm

I always wanted to have a "Hot Rods To Hell" race. Getting bodies that were decent scale and detail was always the problem, unless we went to vac-form. I wanted to make a rule that only decorative decals could be used (flames, pinstriping, etc), and the wildest custom paint that could be achieved by the builder. Lots of chopped tops, channeling, dego'd grills, tunneled, working headlights and tailights, fancy wheels, crazy driver figures with buxom girlfriends, etc. All with the understanding that a good crunch would shatter body putty, scrape perfect paint, break hearts... all that. That body is exactly the kind of thing I envisioned. Maybe 1/32nd models will come back some day.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby model murdering » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm

I LOVE a good hotrod build/story!

I'm wondering whether their were other crossovers between Aurora models and slot cars. Other potential models that might be available to flesh out the slot grid would be super cool.

Aurora also did that model as an O scale slot car. AKA: the "Chilipeppper" (chopped sedan)... as well as a top up 27 T convertible pick up, 27 T roadster rod, 32 duece coupe, 36 Ford top up convertible deluxe, 39 Merc coupe, 57 T-bird, 57 Chevy, and a "James Bond" set with Aston Martin DB4 and Mustang fastback. They were under powered, using their pancake scheme. Production only lasted 2 years.

I fixed a Chili for a buddy years ago, who had dropped it. I dont collect them, as they are kinda dear, but I always liked the vintage hotrod styling.

model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Good to see appreciation for the old Aurora hot rod stuff in all scales.

My buddy snagged these 1/32 Aurora glue bombs too.

Ford pick up and 27 Ford T coupe

30 Ford woody wagon

Got more Aurora finds to post.

Stay tuned.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Here are some Aurora hot rods glue bombs my friend could let go of.

More Fords.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Ended up building a wire and brass chassis with .055" main rails and front axle uprights with .032" x .750" brass sheet for the guide tongue and cross members.

Used a JK offset motor mount with bushing openings filed to accept Sloting Plus 3mm axle single flanged (6mm) bushings. Went this way as this was the only rear wheel (MB Slot 18 x 8, 3mm axle, no hub rib or flanges) and tire (Paul Gage) combination in my parts stash that could fill the wheel arches.

Front axle tube and epoxied-in tubing on the body's front chassis rails with the front axle act as a hinge to secure and position the body.

Stance works for me.

Curious to see how it runs with the little/big tire and narrow track combination.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm

tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 am

Mocked in a motor from one of my glue bombs.

This is going to work out.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Cast a copy of the kit's original grille. Filed and trimmed to just fit between the resin chassis crossmember and the slot chassis's front axle tube.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase