[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1930 Bentley blower 4.5 litre done!!

1930 Bentley blower 4.5 litre done!!

For 1/32nd Scale Models

1930 Bentley blower 4.5 litre done!!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Just got my next build ordered, should have it by Wednesday. Another for my 1930's racer series I have been working on lately. I love doing the research on a build. I always learn something about the real car that I didn't know. I had always wondered why the 4.5 Bentley's always had a flat colored main body, and the rest was almost always green and very shiny. Turns out, the main driver area was ash wood frame work, with a canvas type skin stretched over it. similar to aircraft of the same era. All other parts such as hood and fenders were metal. Anyway, I wanted the early Revell/Gowland kit, as it comes with a period correct driver figure, and is a good scale overall. It will get the same slimcan motor/ gearing and Printed pod. slotting plus guide. The wheels may very well be early Eldon to get the large size I need. That means 1/8" axles, but that has worked well for me in the past. I will post pics of the build soon.

Bob
Last edited by btaylor on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 1930 Bentley blower 4.5 litre

Postby FC47 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Pretty cool, will be following the build Bob!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm

And here we GO!!!

Double Pickle dare you to make two...you know, one to mail here that never returns kinda thing :lol:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm

That will be a cool build!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby patwa » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Great work again. Look forward to the result.
Penelope pit lane do a good vintage spoked wheel.
Might be worth a look.
Cheers.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:30 am

Roll on Wednesday !!!!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

Found some great wheels for these through a friend and board member, at bit pricey, but very nice!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRM-23-4X-BLAC ... SwnHZYlLnX

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 am

Lol ok it’s on now huh?

Good find in the wheels.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:05 am

I've got the Penelope Pitlane wheels for mine, all set and ready to go, but I had to clear the decks and do projects for the house. I need to get back to it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Guildman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am

Those wheels look exactly like the PP wheels now sold, if you're lucky by Pendle. Intended as replacements for Scalextric vintage cars, hence the attempt at the same feature on the backs as the Scalex plastic wheels. They do look nice with a bit of paint on them.

Martn
Guildman

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 am

Made some progress yesterday on my Bentley. This one is going to be a tuners nightmare! Tall and narrow, skinny tires. Glad its not going to be a full on race car! The kit fits rather well for one made in 1954. The parts have few blemishes, and the detail is good. The driver figure needed his head removed, and replaced at a realistic angle. Most all the old Gowland driver figures were like that though. Wheelbase is set, and clearance cut for axles. Brass chassis coming up next.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 am

What a machine huh? So are you following the plastic chassis design in brass?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:06 am

I think im going with 1/4" brass strip. I need a narrow frame to tuck up in the belly pan on this one. If a notch the blower for axle clearance, I should be able to hide the frame (except for guide) and leave the kit chassis for the small details. This car probably wont see a bunch of hard core racing. like my others, its mainly for the fun of the build. Although, with the PS set at 10 volts, these old cars are a lot of fun to race in a friendly fashion.
I will have some pics of the chassis soon, its already started.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase