Beardog 3 F1 chassis build

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Beardog 3 F1 chassis build

Postby chrisguyw » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi Folks, I am building up a car for an upcoming F1 proxy, and I am utilizing one of the Beardog 3 chassis kits. I have done a couple of these, and thought it would be worthwhile posting a few pics. as this kit is not only performs well, but it is relatively easy to build...so a good starting kit for the less experienced builder. Out of the box the kit goes together well (it has little tabs and slots to make alignment a breeze) and similarly, out of the box, it handles very well indeed. It comes with 2 different motor brackets, and a few extra uprights, etc. making it quite versatile.

I can never leave well enough alone, so this chassis has had quite a few modifications made, ones which I believe help the handling. I still have to find/make some rear shocks/springs and attach them, but , the chassis is essentially done.

I would recommend this kit to anyone looking to build a 1/32 F1 car :text-bravo: ......oh, and I have no personal connection with the manufacturer or sellers.

Cheers
Chris Walker

This particular chassis will be powered by an 050 motor, and still needs its bushings installed

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Beardog 3 F1 chassis build

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Simply artwork. Good luck in your race.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bigman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Chris
Looks outstanding. :text-goodpost:
:text-bravo: Please keep adding to this thread.
Looks like a neat clean project, can't wait to see it all come together. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 am

That is a nice looking design! Hadn't seen those before!
Thanks for sharing!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:43 am

That is an impressive looking chassis. Really nicely done.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Beardog 3 F1 chassis build...update!!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello again Folks, The proxy that this chassis is being built for (cars that ran in the 67' GP season) requires some fairly extensive suspension details, so , I needed to build/install some rear shocks/springs. I do have some resin shocks/springs that would have been very easy to paint and glue in, and would have looked fine, but.......in my infinite wisdom (or lack thereof ;) ), I decided to make something a little nicer.

I used some long HO motor brush springs with a piano wire center shaft and aluminum tubing end caps to make something a tad more realistic, and while they do look better, they were a royal pain, and considering half of them will be hidden by the bodywork, I am not so sure the effort was worth it...... :)

Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 am

:o WOW!!!!! :o
Those shocks look awesome!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to 1/32 Showcase