7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby ShotgunDave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm very proud of everyone. Well done guys!
User avatar
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am
Location: Sun City, So-Cal

7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm

The drawing took place this afternoon after the race. We got a total of over $2,600 in donations. Thank you all!

Winners are known but currently in a file on my computer which I can't access until I get back home tomorrow (currently on the road and writing this on my phone).

Look for results tomorrow.
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby ShotgunDave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Safe travels Christian!

Look forward to hearing the results tomorrow.

Now, get some rest!
User avatar
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am
Location: Sun City, So-Cal

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Awesome news! I that is a great number for donations.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike

"When you’re back there with the squirrels, you’re bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal
User avatar
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:10 pm
Location: Galena, Oh USA

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am

You can now see the list of winners right here.

The total number of tickets sold is 2,617 so a total of $2,617 will be given away to the charities chosen by each team that raced in the Michigan 24 this past weekend.

Thank you very much for your support and congratulations to everyone that won one (or more!) prizes. Even if you didn't win anything, you're still a winner because your donation will help many people through the chosen charities.

Prizes won by the racers that were there at the end of the race have already been distributed. For all other prizes, please await further instructions. We need a few days to get back on our feet after this always tough race. Gift certificates will be easier to arrange but we need to get a list of emails going.

As soon as we have more information, we'll tell you.
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby gascarnut » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:51 am

I have two $10 Slot Car Corner Canada vouchers that I would like to swap for Slot Car Corner US vouchers if there's someone in Canada who has some of the US Vouchers.

Thanks!
Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics
User avatar
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Irvine California

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:59 am

gascarnut wrote:I have two $10 Slot Car Corner Canada vouchers that I would like to swap for Slot Car Corner US vouchers if there's someone in Canada who has some of the US Vouchers.

Thanks!


Same here on the 50$ voucher I won. Great raffle for great causes thank you
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby ShotgunDave » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks again to everyone that's involved with putting this all together. You are to be highly commended.

If someone can provide me an address for Steve Guth, I'll get his 32 Coupe headed his way.
User avatar
ShotgunDave
Connoisseur of Rust
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am
Location: Sun City, So-Cal

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby Austin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Now I will order the Scaleauto I been looking at
$10 Gift Certificate (Clover Leaf Racing) Clover Leaf Racing 1344 Don Pearson

Image
Austin
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 am

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Brumos RSR wrote:
gascarnut wrote:I have two $10 Slot Car Corner Canada vouchers that I would like to swap for Slot Car Corner US vouchers if there's someone in Canada who has some of the US Vouchers.

Thanks!


Same here on the 50$ voucher I won. Great raffle for great causes thank you

Guys, we're trying to do something with those «across-the-border» deals.

To make things worse, no less than 7 Canadian racers won vouchers for SCC US. And all but one SCC Canada vouchers were won by US racers. It would be easy enough to just make the switch and SCC US and SCC Canada would exchange money for those. But the exchange rate between the two currencies makes it complicated. We'll do something about it so you guys don't have to buy across the border.

Just give us a little time to sort things out.
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 pm

ShotgunDave wrote:Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks again to everyone that's involved with putting this all together. You are to be highly commended.

If someone can provide me an address for Steve Guth, I'll get his 32 Coupe headed his way.

PM sent in a minute.
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 pm

cgingras wrote:Guys, we're trying to do something with those «across-the-border» deals.

To make things worse, no less than 7 Canadian racers won vouchers for SCC US. And all but one SCC Canada vouchers were won by US racers. It would be easy enough to just make the switch and SCC US and SCC Canada would exchange money for those. But the exchange rate between the two currencies makes it complicated. We'll do something about it so you guys don't have to buy across the border.

Just give us a little time to sort things out.


OK, we got it sorted out. All US racers that won SCC Canada vouchers will be able to use them at SCC US at their face value. And the opposite is also true. All Canadian racers that won SCC US vouchers will be able to use them at SCC Canada at their face value. In fact, the Canadian winners all have already received an email informing them.

This way, everyone will be able to do their shopping in their own country. :clap:
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm

cgingras wrote:
cgingras wrote:Guys, we're trying to do something with those «across-the-border» deals.

To make things worse, no less than 7 Canadian racers won vouchers for SCC US. And all but one SCC Canada vouchers were won by US racers. It would be easy enough to just make the switch and SCC US and SCC Canada would exchange money for those. But the exchange rate between the two currencies makes it complicated. We'll do something about it so you guys don't have to buy across the border.

Just give us a little time to sort things out.


OK, we got it sorted out. All US racers that won SCC Canada vouchers will be able to use them at SCC US at their face value. And the opposite is also true. All Canadian racers that won SCC US vouchers will be able to use them at SCC Canada at their face value. In fact, the Canadian winners all have already received an email informing them.

This way, everyone will be able to do their shopping in their own country. :clap:


Super cool :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby Almafan 55 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 am

First I would like to Thank everyone who donated this year! Than to Steve & Christian for all their HARD work!!! You guys are over the TOP. Next all the sponsors who donated prizes! Thank You! I know I would donate to these Great charities without prizes, but it sure helps to build up the donations.
I want to give a BIG shout out to SCC! :scared-eek: I recieved a box in the mail full of Great gifts. Carrera DTM car, wire/ tube bender, brass motor mount and some bushings! :text-thankyouyellow:
SCC is not only a Great sponsor of this event but many others too! Also a lot of fun to race against!
So a Big :clap: to Steve & Bob! Thanks Rob
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: 7th Annual Michigan 24 - Slot Racers Giving Back

Postby cgingras » Sat May 06, 2017 8:44 am

It took too long but we finally got things sorted out and the money has started to be distributed to the charities chosen by each team.

Slot Car Corner Canada has decided to give his share of the donations to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. Slot Car Corner will do the same for their US counterpart. Here's the receipt for the Canadian donation that was made a few minutes ago.

MSC.png
MSC.png (224.4 KiB) Viewed 1127 times


For each other team that will make their donation, please show your receipt here so everyone can see that we are doing good in the community with the «Slot Racers Giving Back» initiative.
User avatar
cgingras
SCC Mechanic
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Location: Québec, QC, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lotuscortina and 3 guests