[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Citroen 2CV

Citroen 2CV

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Citroen 2CV

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm

The latest build, a Citroen 2CV, is definitely unusual. Has come about as a result of a builder class challenge at Greater Vancouver Slot Car Club (GVSCC). The idea is to build a rolling chassis of any material covered by a Citroen 2CV resin cast body . Wheels/tires must fit within the stock wheel arches. No body modifications are allowed. The rest is wide open. Not an issue for using different motors as we run bracket racing, exclusively.

Mine's going to have my usual adjust-o-wheelbase chassis and Devised Designs slimline motor pod rolling on 14" BRM Nascar aluminum and Slot It plastic rims.

This is going to be interesting racing with tall bodied cars on narrow tracks.

RetroRacer 44 (RIP) would have loved this!

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Citroen 2CV

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 pm

That sounds like a fun challenge build, and yes I believe RetroRacer 44 would have loved that.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Dave,

I think your Pan American VW Bug stuck in our minds after running a proxy leg, so here we are.

Not sure mine will be "dressed", but your Bug looked terrific running around Luf's Big Targa track. Great modeling and I seem to recall it ran pretty good for a top heavy and narrow track car. Can you post some pics to remind us of the modeling detail?

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:34 pm

I rented a 2CV in Europe, having never known it except in movies. I still remember sitting in the car trying to figure out what the next crazy thing would be about driving it- gearshift through the dashboard? check. A warning sticker on the dash that said (in French), downshifting would strip the gears? check. Cold starting creates a mosquito fogging gift to everyone behind you? check. Two-stroke takeoff? check. Lawn chair interior? check. And so on... I really enjoyed it. I'd never presume to have one as a principal form of transportation- that would be tempting fate.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:36 pm

That is going to be a cool build!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Progress. Chassis built (my standard adjust-o-wheelbase) with the Devised Designs slimline motor pod.

Body's mounted with single posts at front and rear.

Rolling stock's Slot It 14" plastic front wheels/tires at the front and BRM Nascar/cut down urethane copies of Ninco F1 front tires for the rear.

Lowered stance worked out but it was a challenge tucking the rear wheels/tires in as the wheel spats taper the higher you go.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Got some paint on, Tamiya spray TS metallic and solid Forest Green.

Gave it a run on Luf's Big Targa and it felt planted throughout the corners with reasonable straight line speed. The BWA slimline motor pleasantly surprised me with the 10/24 gears. Guess I've been wrong with my ratios all this time.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Body's on with headlamps attached. Got the wheel inserts in too.

Detail work to come.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 am

I worked for a French Pharma company for the last 8 years of my career and the deux cheveau (2CV) was a car that was still driven, proudly, by those in France who were either clearly practical or out there on the happy fringe. Great looking little car with some truly beautiful two-tone color schemes. I remember watching a deux cheveau rally going round the Place de la Concorde; wonderful to see. Right behind it was a Ferrari rally and the contrasts could not have been more striking. And you know, most of the spectators were watching the deux cheveaus...............!

This will be a fun challenge for everyone. Yup, RR44 would have liked it, a lot!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:50 pm

All done.

Windows and interior driver tray are in. Paint detailed grille, head lights, signal and tail lights, gas filler and door handles.

Ready to take on the other club's 2CV builds.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:11 am

Love it!!!

When I was about 10, a friend's mother bought a brand new one. It was lime green with flower print on the seats. The stupid thing was stupid fun with the roof open and was just a notch above a sardine can. It was cheap, dependable, and insanely light. 6 of us friends loved pranking his mom and moving the car around by picking it up. I think it weighed something like 1400# dripping wet.

His mom called it the Ente - or duck. She meant ugly duckling.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to 1/32 Showcase