[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ Out trading paint!!!

65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ Out trading paint!!!

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ Park Green paint added!

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Really liking that "Park Green" from Tamiya, was a little concerned looking at the cap at the LHS, but maybe spraying it over the black toned it down just enough.

And "YES", the Pioneer chassis and power are the first choice at Dundee Speedway.

Always runs well, and keeps everything even when two cars find them selves trading paint!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ hanging chrome!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ last minute tinkering!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ hanging chrome, tinkering!

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Looks great Denny! Nice job on the fender flares too!
dge467
The King of Foil

65 Mustang on the road!

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ on the road

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ on the road!

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 65 Mustang 2+2 Build ~ Out trading paint!!!

Postby dge467 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Well done Denny!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby JULES » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm

1st class, DD. Those three look great together.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

I agree on the Pioneer Mustang chassis, and I should expand on that statement...

Its my first choice almost all the time. Years ago, when Jules was having serious overseas trouble (translate that "overseas insanity"), I bought all the RTR chassis I could find, and I got a stack of them. I have been using them ever since, and I buy the wheel sets, when I can find them for a good price, to use in my scratchbuilt brass chassis when I can. Aluminum wheels cost too much (and some are crap), and making them is tedious on my lathe setup, but quality plastic wheels that are installed on a smooth axle (not knurled- thank you, Jules), provide infinite abilities to make easy adaptations. I have only had one wheelset that was not dead-on perfect (and that is in a population of 30+ RTR chassis), and using the method taught on HRW by Mark (Kyslotracer- longtime host of one of the best slot gatherings ever in the old days), even those were fixed solid as h*ll. I use aluminum wheels for lots of stuff, especially 1/24-1/25, but the motor, chassis, wheels, even gears, and very often the tires, on Pioneer chassis is my first choice, and believe me, I've been around a long time.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Denny, the green car is a 1965, the "corral" around the Pony in the grill being the clue. If the modeling is accurate, the gas cap on the gold car is a '66 (no front grill to identify it), but there is a racing style gas cap on the rear deck, as there is also one on the green car, which has no gas cap in the usual place, which is consistent with a racer ("R series" production). Based on this, the green car is a 1965 R Series, built for racing fastback, and the gold car is a 1966 (round gas cap), with a supurfluous race-style rear deck gas inlet. Note that all fastbacks and GT's had no chrome trim on the side panel scoops, whereas the normal coupes and convertibles did. Everything changed on the 1967s and forward. My '65 coupe had chrome on the side scoops, and a corral around the pony, and the gas cap was a large knobbed unit between the taillights. It was an "K" series, which was the "hot" or "high performance" engine, in a normal car, not a GT. There were four engine series from the beginning of the Mustang; the V-8 260 in 1964-1/2 (same as the Monte Carlo winning Falcon Futura), the 1965 2bbl 289, the A series- 4bbl normal 289, the K series- 4bbl high performance, and R series, not sold to the general public. How's that for more than you ever wanted to know?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 am

Nice Job. Really makes me want to get that reintroduced kit.

I also like using the Pioneer wheels. I really like the classic 5 spoke they do. I do strengthen the hub by placing an appropriate sized brass collar around it to stop the hub from cracking
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 1/32 Showcase