[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - "Smokey's" '56 Chevy

"Smokey's" '56 Chevy

For 1/32nd Scale Models

"Smokey's" '56 Chevy

Postby gascarnut » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 pm

This car was built as part of the HRW "Secret Santa" project, which many of you participated in. It has quite a story behind it, so i thought I would post it here.

When I found out that I had been assigned to be Secret Santa to Shotgun Dave, I immediately knew exactly what I wanted to do. I have a big box of resin and plastic bodies waiting for projects, and in there was a fully completed, decalled and detailed 1956 Chevy Belaire. I had been given this body by my friend of 40+ years, Russell Sheldon when he was thinning his collection ahead of his move from Dubai back to South Africa.

Now Russell is a great builder in his own right, but this particular body was done for him by an English master modeler by name John Judd. Russell did not tell me why he had commissioned the body, perhaps for a long-gone proxy that he wanted to enter but didn't. In any event, the body ended up with me and was a perfect choice for this project.

I built up one of my brass frames, added some BWA wheels and inserts, PG tires, a Piranha motor, Sloting Plus guide and Slot.it gears:

I managed to get a really nice stance for the car:

The work on the body is spectacular, all the chrome is Bare Metal Foil.

Shotgun Dave tells me the car runs really well on his oval track, and my quick test on my road course was equally good.

I hope you all enjoy the photos!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: "Smokey's" '56 Chevy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

I enjoyed it all :) Trust me!

What a car. Great behind the scenes information too. Have had many a conversation over the years with him and one of the people that I learned from.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gentleman Norb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 pm

56? :lol:
Great looking car. Looks like a runner.
Last edited by Gentleman Norb on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Wobble » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:19 pm

A real sweet looker that looks like it'd be a sweet runner too.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:37 pm

very nice looking car
shotgun is a very lucky guy to receive such a top slot car

it is a 55 not a 56 but I am not complaining :text-bravo:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm

I know I wished you had my name :). That car is a jaw dropper!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby gascarnut » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:03 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

For some reason the pictures aren't showing up in my Browser?

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:02 am

Neither in mine...

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:39 am

Double post, sorry!
Last edited by gascarnut on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:39 am

The photos are hosted on Photobucket, perhaps you have some security setting that is preventing them from showing up. If you see a little icon, try right-clicking on it and open the photo in a new tab of your browser.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:45 am

It's the same here now. I tried direct and Photobucket simply isn't loading them. Not a security issue, just Photobucket having issues.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:17 am

.........WOWIE ZOWIE!.............
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:09 am

Unbelievable workmanship...a thing of beauty!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 pm

What a beauty!!!!!! Just love the old Kyalami pit wall.
Dennis if you Google Old Kyalami pit wall images,there is a pic of your Walls Lola !!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase