[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Chevrolet Camaro Trans Am - brass chassied

Scalextric Chevrolet Camaro Trans Am - brass chassied

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Scalextric Chevrolet Camaro Trans Am - brass chassied

Postby VTECFOUR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Need a better Trans Am car for the GVSCC's Trans Am class, so I'm going to re-chassis my beat up Scalextric Sunoco Camaro.

Using one of my few remaining BWA adjustable wheelbase chassis, the inspiration for all my brass chassis builds. Will try to keep as much of the stock interior tray intact.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Chevrolet Camaro Trans Am - brass chassied

Postby VTECFOUR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Mock fitted the chassis with Slot It 15 x 8 plastic fronts/stock tires and F1 rears with fat PG tires.

Trying for this stance.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:20 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:36 pm

With it slammed that much, it will be interesting to see if any of the interior remains. I guess the driver could straddle the motor and ride it like a Ski-doo, eh?

I do hope you will be here in time to help us drive the Targa Proxy.

See you soon,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Dan, I'm old enough to have owned a brand new car like that. There were three brand new, shiny '69 Camaro R/S cars given to my fellow grads when we finished high school (they were rich- I had a rusty '59 Caddy hearse that cost $75). Maybe that's why I feel empathy for seeing a car I ogled and drooled over in my early manhood looking like it was just recently kicked in the balls. Times change, fashion changes even faster, and I know people love the "slammed" look these days. Being honest though, because that's what we do here, I really advise against it, especially with a historically important car. Sorry about that. Its just me. You do really nice work, and I know you have done cars that are slung very low that look great several times on HRW. I remember. I just kinda wanted you to reconsider such a drastic drag (that's what we called it in the 50s). Again, sorry about that. Just food for thought, okay?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:09 am

I'll go along with Rob , prefer the specific car " un-slammed" !!!!!!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:33 am

Well, after figuring out how I'll save as much of the interior tray, I won't get that drastic of a slammed look. Tire rub on the body is always an inhibiting factor so the degree of lowering will be tasteful.

My Sunoco-liveried body is quite beat with missing bumpers and rear spoiler, a bent A pillar and chipped above the driver side headlight, so I'm not too concerned about using it. If it was mint, I wouldn't consider it.

Should be back in Vancouver sometime in November so the Targa Proxy will probably be done by then. No matter, I know the GVSCC members will fill driving and marshalling duties quickly and admirably.

Body mounting's next.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:45 am

Modified the stock interior tray and driver figure. Going to work fine with adequate clearance for the motor and rear tires.

Just sliced everything to be shallower.

Lowering won't be as dramatic as shown earlier.

Time for final body mounting.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:25 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:28 pm

WOAH!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 pm

Isn't that asking a lot of Dan and his skills? I'm sure he could do it but wouldn't it be hard to drive with the bent front wheels and fenders?
:laughing-rolling:
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

That's looking good Dan!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Wow, what a photo capture on that crash!

Progress on my beater.

Body's mounted and the rims detailed with Minilite inserts painted yellow. Seem to recall they were cast by Luf from SCX Cuda Trans Am wheels I modified.

Stance is good.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Love the meats on the back of that thing!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

That's the way to do it!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase