1/32 CHASSIS BUILD

For 1/32nd Scale Models

1/32 CHASSIS BUILD

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Wanting to participate in proxy racing has meant I have had to look across the fence at 132 scale as not much exist in 143 at the moment. I came up with a Gift Card chassis in 143, and I thought it might do well of the larger scale as well. The following picture diagram shows what I have come up with. All in, the chassis is less then 30 grams, and the N class motor is more then capable, but this is running at 30K RPM so a little over the top for the Panamerican Proxy. For the Panamerican it will be a similar chassis with an FF 030 motor under the Porsche 550 shell.

The chassis is stable and runs flat in the corners with the solid front axles and front wheels firmly planted on the track, there is no roll and the ass end kicks out pleasantly to let you know you are on the edge without losing control. The gift cards are flexible and the brass side pods stiffen the chassis as well as lower the COG.

This motor and gearing is torquey enough to lift the guide out of the slot on hard acceleration without a body on. I may fashion a brass guide weight and position that over the guide to keep the front end down. i have some old Brass N scale locomotive brass flywheels that would be perfect for this job.

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase