[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Coming soon from RMS Resins - Bumble Bee!

Coming soon from RMS Resins - Bumble Bee!

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Re: Coming soon from RMS Resins - Bumble Bee!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 am

NICE!!!!
Looking forward to seeing that one hit the "available" list!
(Might make a great entry "with" the hemi-hood for the next Land Speed & Drag if you decide to offer it with the scoop available separately(?) as well! )
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri May 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Looks really good. I can't wait to see the final version.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 27, 2016 3:39 pm

The more I look at this thing the more I like it. Was it the only Dodge Dart in TransAm?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Val (glasshorsevh) - I can't help what you spend it on...I can only tempt you... ;)

Rob - No plans on a SuperBee at the moment...but I do have a solid platform if I ever want to.

Dale - Thank you Sir!

Randy (Dodgefarmer) - I don't take pre-orders...patience Grasshopper!

TuscoTodd - I'll probably pop the scoop if someone wants it.

Rob - Tullius, Tony Adamowicz and Grabel ran the 1966 Darts in T/A very successfully the first year. I'm struggling with finding FACTUAL data on this car in T/A. It ran a ton of SCCA stuff, but getting info is tough. The current owner claims it ran in 7 races. I do know it was to run at Continental Divide Raceway in Colorado in 1967 but failed tech and did not get to run.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 27, 2016 8:05 pm

David- Here's some more for you.

"The Cars of Trans Am Racing 1966-1972", David Tom with Bud Moore. P. 36ff. Cartech Books, 2013. The reference is to a 1966 Dodge Dart #9 run by Brock Yates.

In 1967, on P. 53, #44, by Tullius & Co is mentioned. Also in '67, #62 Dart by Ron Grable is on P. 57. Ron Grable's #18, the exact car for your model, is on P. 71.

That's 4 different cars with the Dodge Dart platform. Sounds like a winner for slot cars.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 pm

However, they still point out the car was built for A-Sedan in SCCA and USRRC races...not necessarily T/A. I can't find any results on this car, other than this:

27.8.1967 Trans-Am Continental Divide Ron Grable DQ - Did not Qualify
17.9.1967 Trans-Am Riverside Ron Grable DNF - Did not Finish
8.10.1967 Trans-Am Kent 11 Grable / Kless DNA - Did not Arrive

The earlier cars were competitive and I'd planned on doing one of those but the 3D model was terrible.

I'll keep looking.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Fri May 27, 2016 11:20 pm

David

This suggest to me it ran in that race, good enough for me to okay it for my T/A series:

17.9.1967 Trans-Am Riverside Ron Grable DNF - Did not Finish

I haven't had a lot of success getting resin bodied cars to compete equally with Pioneer and Scalextric T/A liveries since I don't upgrade chassis components except for tires. But the longer wheelbase Cougar chassis does run well on my track so this might be worth a try if the decals are available.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby McLiams » Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 am

LOVE the Dodge Dart. 'Chevy Van' got nothing on it.

That 225 cuin slant 6 was the Terminator. You could not kill it...though personal experience at that is quite limited since it was parent's car.

Thanks, and will be ordering at least one.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 am

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 28, 2016 11:26 am

A buddy of mine built a tow car for sailplanes for the Engineering Dept at his college many years ago. He used an old Cadillac frame (there was no body at all, just a winch mounted amidships), and he used an ancient Slant 6 junkyard find and its transmission for power. I think they finally retired the monster after 25 years or so. Same engine, no overhauls. It just kept going. They wanted him to come get it when it retired- it was still running fine. He said it must have had 300K on it but who knew? I would love to have seen that pushbutton pod for the transmission mounted on a welded angle iron. He told me a long time ago that there are stories about the Slant 6 that are amazing.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby CrockettNZ » Sat May 28, 2016 3:56 pm

here is a pic of the Aussie 1969 Valiant Pacer that has been mentioned
this car was built by importing the Dodge Dart body from the firewall back
then they used the front panels from the locally built 4 door version
you will notice a few little differences from the dart

Image[/URL]

the 4 door that was introduced in March 1969
the pacer was introduced 6 months later

Image[/URL]
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

take a quick ride in a Valiant Pacer around Mt Panorama Bathurst Australia
got to love that sound

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j ... tWvT-5g3-Q
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Slothead - mine as well.

Crockett - one of our forum members in AUS has a Valiant. Maybe Greg will post a pic.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun May 29, 2016 8:32 am

You know where all this is going don't you? The 2017 OU Pony Proxy will be will be all Darts, Camaros... and, of course IndyMatt.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun May 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Naw got to have a Cuda and a Challenger in there!!!! 8-)

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 1/32 Showcase