[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ferrari 612 CanAm..............

Ferrari 612 CanAm..............

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Ferrari 612 CanAm..............

Postby DRW21 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Last edited by DRW21 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ferrari 612 CanAm..............

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Beautiful chassis! Really nice wire work on that.

I'm positive that's my body and not Dart's though. I did the front winglets and rear spoiler extension on my kits.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DRW21 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi David, I thought it was from Dart but looking at his you are right, Dart's 612 doesn't have the extra bits on it.
Yup David you are correct (of course) the body is an RMS Resins item.
Cheers Guys - Dave
Last edited by DRW21 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:46 am

Very nice chassis! Interesting that you mark your motor's performance on the can; so do I.

Is there an advantage to a slight anglewinder set-up over a sidewinder?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Allan, I made it an angle winder so I didn't have to take so much meat out of the can and magnet as I use an NSR spur gear, a Slot-it spur gear would have worked fine as a side winder.
NSR gears are 17.5mm and Slot-it gears are 18 or 19mm OD.
With the OD of the rear tires being not too big I wanted as much clearance as poss.
And it looks kinda cool old school too.
The guy I made it for was racing back in the 60's and loves how this looks period.
I have since put a 21K in it and it still cries out for more.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:33 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:07 pm

That will be a nice car. Resin Casting looks great.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:40 pm

That is a SWEET looking build!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:17 pm

ART- WORK !!
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby munter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 am

Beautiful chassis and lovely body. I want to see how the master connects the two. This is something I am trying to learn.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 am

Now this will get your blood pumping, what a way to start the day.

The work is top shelf and needless to say, inspiring.

Please check your PM please?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DRW21 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi Guys, message sent Harry.
Munter - this one is making me think real hard on the body mounting problem. Not yet sorted, still thinking how to get it right 1st time.
I have 1/4" styrene blocks screwed to the pans with more styrene sheet vertically on the outside, the issue is the curve of the body no where close to matching the flat of the styrene.
I'll come up with something soon ans keep ya'll posted. (might fit some flat styrene to the body and brace it to the inside curve)
I have taped the body in place and it is a dream to drive, will look awesome when all painted up as Chris Amon's #16 car.
I'll get there - dunno where I'm going but I'll get there.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reek455 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Beautiful work on the chassis, I wish I could build like that.
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:06 pm

That's a beautiful frame! Some SERIOUS bending work on the rail that goes around the motor to the endbell side of the axle tube! If the car ever chatters, that might be where it will be - in that short length of single brass rail under the endbell that might need strengthening.

Here's how I have done the mounting system on some similar cars:

Each brass plate has two M2 (or #2-56) nuts soldered to the ends and the strips are glued to a strip of firm foam rubber, like weather seal or similar, then the foam strips are is glued to the body. This allows a way to accommodate the curvature of the body sides, and makes for a nice flexible system that is very shock resistant.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Oh, and a very interesting "plumber hinge" design, have not seen that before! How much upward movement do you get on the pans?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase