[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Good Weekend Ahead

Good Weekend Ahead

Featuring some of the classes & series we race here at the HRW Skunkworks.

Good Weekend Ahead

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Just had some boxes arrive and it means a good slot car weekend ahead.

Not only that, but my oldest son and his wife just finished the move back home. And we have a big BBQ planned for the 4th which will include some slot racing :)

Grandson has a new Carrera as a birthday surprise and that should lead to the track coming outside for some fun.

Hope all of you have a fun long weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Good Weekend Ahead

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Sounds like a great weekend lined up!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby munter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 pm

So you bought some sweets and got a few free slotcar parts thrown in with them?

I do like the "weekend" threads... with my limited time lately the weekend has become precious.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:17 pm

What a haul! About to make an order myself.

What a week/month/year. New regulatory compliance laws start tomorrow - we did a bunch of work to be ready. Also took a new job at work, and about to get promoted again. I guess I'll keep showing up and getting it done!

Some orders to fill this weekend. #1 daughter comes home and is excited to use our new fire pit. Smores anyone? 4x4 trip on Sunday and the parade/bbq/fireworks on Monday. I'll need a nap shortly thereafter!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Aloha » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

Happy holidays to all! David great to hear things are going well at work...guess that means you will be staying in CO for awhile, besides you have a great set up there. To all have a special time with friends and family, don't forget the sunscreen, enjoy the barbecues but most of all remember all boys need time to play with our little toys...happy motoring!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Still no slots for me but a camping trip with the family instead. A few cold ones down. Fire going to heat up some meat. Life is good.

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Broman62 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Awesome score bossman!!!
Yes Game, life is good!!
All work is done now for the weekend and tomorrow will take a small trip with my daughter to the Amish Ox Roast and Flea market in Mespo Ohio. Then Sunday is all day golf with the boys and Monday will be rest and relaxation and good eats and then the evening for the fireworks display!! Hope all here have a great 4th of July!!! :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:12 pm

What does ox taste like? I had water buffalo once.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Geeez. Reminds me of some of the Honda crowded engine compartments. Do you have to have tiny hands to work on BMWs too? I replaced an alternator on my wife's Accord and it took all damned day.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 pm

To top it all off Rob, I got about a 1/8th of a mile down the road to make sure it is all good and the car goes into limp mode! Ahhrggg! After puttering back home at about 3mph I hooked up my scanner and got a bunch of codes for the throttle body. After taking half the junk off to look at the throttle body, I shined a light in it and using a mirror to look up in it as It sits at a downward angle. I found a tiny piece of debris a little smaller than a grain of rice lodged into the edge of the throttle plate. After cleaning it all up and re adapting the throttle body, it is drive by wire, it is ok! Phew!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Good grief. Your post got my attention because I am still awash in repairing and rewiring after my car fire months ago. I thought I was almost finished and left the battery connected after getting it running Monday. Yesterday I discovered the battery was completely flat. I must have a dead short somewhere in the 27 wires I replaced, dang it. I can't imagine where.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Broman62 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey Way...couldn't tell you what Ox taste like as I have been going there for about 10 years and have never got the chance to try it!! Just like today and past years, we got there about 15 minutes after they opened and there was already a line a half block long so that ain't happening!! We did get a great steak sandwich and fries and iced tea and topped it off with ice cream as we headed out!!! Great time with my daughter!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Oh well, there's always next year, right? I had ox tail soup once, but the label specifically said, "beef", so who knows what it was?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Morning started out badly, flash flooding. The worst we have seen in 12 years, and The Skunkworks took a beating. BUT all mopped and dried. Whew!

The evening is much better.

3 generations in The Skunkworks hard at work :) We forgive my oldest son for working on his RC truck. At least he is playing with toys like a grown man should.

Grandson is helping me pour resin figures. Sorry.."Dudes". He poured these himself.

And we were all supervised expertly.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Team HRW