Shapeways Ferrari 333SP chassis

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Shapeways Ferrari 333SP chassis

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Last week I got an email from Shapeways advertising a new 3D printed chassis. It is for the SCX Ferrrari 333SP designed to take a slot.it inline motorpod. I've had the SCX 333 for a while and never managed to get it running decently so I ordered the 3D printed chassis. I am hoping that with the shapeways chassis and slot.it running gear it will run well, When I get all the components in hand I will post pics and give my evaluation of it's performance.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Shapeways Ferrari 333SP chassis

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:56 am

:think:
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby PetesLightKits » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 pm

The 333SP is one of my favourite 90s era sports prototypes. I saw "Mad" Max Papis run one at Watkins Glen - you could hear that thing almost all around the track (probably could if you were to stand in the center of the infield). Because of it's not being run in many liveries, I suspect that any company making a model of it would not be putting a lot of effort into it. The SCX model kind of bears this out as the model is slightly less than accurately modelled or finished. But it is one that I have had my eye on regardless. I just never pulled the trigger due to the fact that the only class of cars that it could "historically" compete with are the Slot.it Group C / IMSA cars, for which my local club has a class (stock - can change rear tires only). Getting the SCX to run with them would be a whole other story. I am sure that the 3D chassis, once equipped with similar running gear as a stock Slot.it Group C / IMSA car, will put your 333SP on even terms.

Peter
PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Mr. Slotcar and are I Slot have both announced this car for production.
I’ll bet Bob’s hits the track before we see either of those two.
What livery will you use?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Well.....I have always figured that the Ninco BMWs, Scalex Cadillac LMP, and maybe even the Fly Joest Porsche were reasonable contemporary opponents for the WSC era....... I have an SCX 333SP awaiting repaint.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby paul gage » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm

better build it quick Bob, Revoslot's 333 SP is available for preorder on Pendle's site. At the rate they release new cars I expect them to do the Caddy's, BMW's and Porsche's very soon. The Revoslot BRM chassis is second to none OTB.
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:30 am

If it accomplishes nothing more than hastening the new products from Revo slot and MRSlotcar I'll be happy. I agree that the SCX body leaves a lot to be desired over several categories but the basic shape is close enough. For a while it will remain green but I think it will end up in Ferrari red.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 am

I looked at Pattos and decided to order the set for the Belgian 1996 set up.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 pm

The chassis from shapeways arrived today. very straight, now I am waiting for the rest of the components. They are supposed to get here Monday.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car News!