[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Pioneer Street Racer Chargers coming!

New Pioneer Street Racer Chargers coming!

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: New Pioneer Street Racer Chargers coming!

Postby JULES » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi Bill,

Send me a PM and we'll discuss on email about how best to get you local store supplied.

Thanks

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm

David- DAMN! I hate that I missed that. Youtube, here I come! Thanks, ol' bud.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Its great to see Pioneer still hanging in there after the larger slot companies tried to muscle them out. Must be a tough market to compete in? Any chance one day we will see any Nascar stocker chargers? Theres plenty of liveries with the tunnel back rear window before they went to the 69' 500. The Carrera charger stockers are highly sought after.
Last edited by MoparGreg on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby YamFJ1200Rider » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 pm

YamFJ1200Rider

Postby NHBandit » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:21 am

NHBandit

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:02 pm

This is primarily for Jules, Harry, or someone who already has gotten one of the new street rod Chargers. While I'm optimistic the new 'Suprathane' tires will work well on my routed oval, are there aftermarket tires that will fit the wheels?

On the Pioneer Charger chassis I used for a recent build I used Indy Grips IG1304's. I just ordered more of these from Cloverleaf but am not sure if these will fit on the new 'steelie' wheels.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby JULES » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:03 am

Hi Joe,

All current Pioneer wheels are the same diameter and the retaining rib is exactly the same dimensions as those already established for the T/A cars so you can fit either the front or rear tires from existing aftermarket product to the rims on any car and that includes the Legends Racers as well, according to your preference.

The width of front wheels is slightly narrower than the rears but rear tires will still fit and vice versa. #way2save

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:07 am

Should just mention that if you are fitting the fatter and wider rear tire to a narrower wheel then spend a few minutes 'massaging' the tire into place to make sure it is well seated.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:17 am

Thanks Jules. I remember you saying that in a prior exchange about the Legend cars, but thought I should confirm this also applies to the new wheels on the street rods. Thanks to your consistency I have 15 pairs of tires, from 3 different manufactures, already ordered that will fit. All I have to do is some test runs when the car and tires get here to see which combination works best on my track.

But, I'll give the new 'Suprathane tires' a good trial first in case no change is needed.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 am

I got my Red Devil Charger street rod in the mail yesterday and it looks even better in person than in all the photos I've seen. The red is brilliant and the fit and finish is excellent.

Right out of the case it was a good runner on my oval. I think many owners will be happy with the look and performance of the 'suprathane' tires it comes with. After timing it for 60 laps with stock tires and getting good consistent laps, but not as good as cars with silicone tires, I decided to put a set of Indy Grips IG1304 tires on the rear. I was lazy and tried to pull the stock tires off the wheels with the body still on the chassis and ended up pulling a wheel off. Then I took the body off to glue the wheel back on and also had to enlarge the rear wheel wells so the bigger tires didn't rub. When I put it back on the track it was quicker, quieter, and smoother. Another 60 lap time trial session resulted in a qualification time that's best in the class, about a tenth of a second faster than an 'Ace of Spades' Charger from years ago I recently outfitted with Maxx Trax M16 rear tires.

The car looks so good I'm scaling back plans to modify it. I will put some red Monokote patches on the doors and roof so #71's can be added to make it look a little like the Dave Marcis K&K Insurance car. I may do the same on the hood at some point so I can get a sponsor decal on the car too. But I'm not going to put any paint on the body.

Two thumbs up for this car! It's a great addition to the series that now has 2 street rods along with Carrera Torinos & Chargers, Monogram Fairlanes, Mercury Cyclone bodies on Pioneer Charger chassis, and a few other creations.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:49 pm

I apologize for not being able to post photos of my new Charger street rod. I've taken a bunch but can't get them to upload to the HRW Shadow Gallery from my home computer. Hopefully I'll be able to do that using a college campus PC soon.

I have 'enhanced' the Red Devil street rod with decals so it's a decent replica of the '69 Charger Dave Marcis drove with K&K Insurance sponsorship. This isn't my car, but shows what I was after.

The new Charger is one of my best cars, great to look at and fun to drive. I'm now using another chassis of the same type to complete a third Mercury Cyclone. Hope to get primer and 3 coats of paint on the body before the Monday night football game 3 hours from now.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Nothing wrong with the HRW Gallery. Your computer/browser more likely. Clean out your cookies or update the browser. Whichever is needed.

Image uploaded to gallery from phone.

I answered your email and followed up. It might be broken as well since no reply :roll:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Thanks for your reply Harry, I know the problem is on my side. The computer I use for this stuff is old and very slow which my local computer store attributes to the motherboard. The connection resets while the HRW computer is waiting for my computer to send the upload file.

I was going to upload photos from a computer on campus when I was there for a football game on Saturday, that's when I couldn't find the email you sent me with the link. I'll try again soon. I appreciate you making the shadow gallery available.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Well email them to me, I will upload for you and send a link sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!