[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford V. Ferrari Movie in November

Ford V. Ferrari Movie in November

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Ford V. Ferrari Movie in November

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford V. Ferrari Movie in November

Postby williamg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:42 pm

williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:21 am

Thanks for the link..A must see!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Imagine how different the automotive and racing landscape would be if Enzo had not refused to give up control of the Ferrari racing team during discussions to be bought out by Ford? If Ford owned Ferrari would project Mustang have gotten the corporate support it got? The GT40 would probably never have existed. How would Chevrolet and Chrysler have responded? What would the Ferrari legacy be like today?

As a kid who loved racing and having a dad who wouldn't own anything except Fords, this corporate 'war' shaped my future.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the movie and what comes afterwards. I'd expect some Ford vs Ferrari race sets to be forthcoming for the holiday season. Maybe they'll be some video games and the like on this theme as happened after 'Fast and Furious', and there might be a slight bump in interest in auto racing. At least it will be nice to hear the names Shelby and Gurney again.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby RBPhillips » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:15 pm

At last, Matt Damon portrays an actual American hero!
RBPhillips

Postby ALS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Hey Guys is there a Proxy on the Herizion!!!!!!!!!
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 am

I've been watching the trailers and patiently waiting.
The reference book of the same title has been in my personal library for many years.
Oh yeah, I'll be seeing this one more the a couple of times! Looking forward... Ernie :>)

PS - Not as hardcore with racing content as the above film, but I may go this evening to see the new Patrick Dempsey project, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" starring Milo Ventimiglia, Amanda Seyfried... and a dog named Enzo voiced by Kevin Costner! It's more a human story than about racing, but a project Dempsey had been wanting to do for about 10 years. Now that the opportunity finally came about to do it, he felt he was too old to play the starring character! Google it for more info.

*** Saw the movie last night. Well done, and car guys will like the connection. I enjoyed it! - E
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby slothead » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:36 pm

DK - that makes sense given the lead time needed to put a product line together. Plus, even though the movie will be out going into the holiday season it would have to be a huge hit to matter to the toy market as Jurasic Park and others have, and that's not likely. It's a different age from when the movie Grand Prix w/ James Garner came out in 1966 and it was talked about a lot on TV.

Some adult folks might remember being into cars and racing in younger days and realize slot cars are still around. Clubs and tracks might get a few new old geezers showing up in need of a racing fix.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 am

Also there's no guarantee if you make a movie themed product that it does well... I give you as an example the "Disney Pixar-Planes" movie... a total flop. The Carrera Tokyo Drift set and cars... again... a disaster. Even the movie "Rush" which was a good movie wasn't exactly tearing up the box office ticket sales and had limited appeal here in the US.

We had discussions about this movie last Fall when we found out about it. I will only speak for myself and said that the risk was a bit higher than I'd like to go into making a movie-specific set. We make a 412... we make Ford GT40's... here in the US we distribute Slot It, and they also make a 330 and a Ford GT40... can I put anyone down for a few extra? :)
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:51 am

Available now... no need to wait for the movie. :music-rockout: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa:
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby slothead » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

I actually will plan on getting a Ford & Ferrari pair but will postpone the purchase till I see the movie. Why? Because I expect to feel racey afterwards and bet I'll want to acknowledge that by buying some slot cars. I already have 5 GT40's and 4 Ferrari's in my Le Mans series which also includes Porsche, Lola, and Chaparral cars.

I'm also going to have to look for those cars from a source other than Slot.It. Nothing against Slot.It but for competitive reasons I've limited the series to cars from Scalextric, Carrera, Fly, and MRRC. All of the cars have press on plastic wheels and gears and are evenly matched.

If there is a tiny bump in sales after the movie is released at least 2 of the purchases will be from me.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:06 am

There's a Ford vs. Ferrari documentary available to watch via Roku on either Netflix or Amazon TV.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 pm

It's on Amazon Prime TV. It contains footage of all the original players.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:44 am

This car shows up a lot when searching for Ford vs Ferrari. Does anyone make a slot car replica of this car? (Not sure if it's actually in the movie or raced at Le Mans.)

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!