[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric T-Bird

Scalextric T-Bird

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Scalextric T-Bird

Postby dw5555 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:46 am

dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:33 am

Those are AWESOME looking cars.Yes, it would have limited audience. Maybe popular in the places that those type of cars run. Again they are really cool looking car bodies. Who is making these? They might have a place in a proxy if there was enough interest.
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Harry,

I bought a HUGE stockpile of old Scaly DTM Mercedes cheap from Bryan, and the old Scaly F1 wheels/tires from Pendle (what they used on the black window NASCARs), for a full stock car rolling chassis for around $11, for my short track. I think they run great. There are options for new people to the hobby (or cheapskates like myself) to still have a blast. I'll probably stick with that. I'm not interested in cost and performance escalation (I'll go to a commercial track for that), and if the cars are a handful, all the better, but I think the out black window NASCAR setup ran remarkably well, for a slow duffer like me as well as being "crossover bulletproof".
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Last comment - IROC alone will make these cars a big enough hit to pay for the molds? Good luck.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:59 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby GTOking » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 am

Dave K., I have posted a couple of times my plans to buy a dozen Camaro's upon release. You can count on me to help your sales numbers in the USA! I already have IROC colors picked and I will be searching for IROC decals for all 12 cars, driver names and all. The Camaro announcement, to me, is the most exciting and anticipated release since I started the 1/32 habit, er hobby :text-thankyouyellow:
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks GTO guys like you will help a lot making it a success.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby lancelotalove » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:45 am

Ky.Slot Racer, I cannot PM you. no option to send a PM.
I saw your ASA, IROC car bodies you said you made. Were they Resin casts or something else?
Maybe in this time with more people, people would want the bodies.
Maybe a HRW proxy!
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:21 pm

I'm good for a couple of the IROC cars and the current T-bird and a white kit down the road. Our club plans on running the Monte Carlo & T-birds and I'm betting the IROC's will be added too.

Buster
busterfla

Postby ra7c7er » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:59 pm

ra7c7er

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!