[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New member intro

New member intro

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

New member intro

Postby moistek » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:24 am

Hi All,

I am a new member, I could not find an intro page, so I will just say hi over here. I am 59 and have raced since I was 6.

Regards Keith,
moistek

Re: New member intro

Postby mattb » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 am

welcome!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 am

Welcome aboard!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to your contributions of posts.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby munter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Fifty three years involved in Slotcars is a pretty good record.

Lots of good people and good stuff here....

Regards
John
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Welcome to my favorite (and only ) hangout space online. I'll warn you though, if HRW does for you what it did for me, you'll be even more involved in slot cars going forward.

I had one track and about 20 cars when I found HRW and started reading posts, now I have 2 tracks and over 150 cars (many purchased for other forum members). I thought I was perfectly happy with my oval till someone on here encouraged me to build a road course. The result was Shelby-Hendrix Speedway on which I solo race Trans Am, Le Mans, and Can Am series cars and have hosted a few proxies.

Great group here - very supportive even though we disagree at times about what type of car is best, tuning methods, and similar not so important stuff (except to us). I consider everyone here a friend and enjoy the banter and shared knowledge.

Joe
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Welcome! Lots of good folks and help here!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Welcome aboard...you already know your gonna love it here...enjoy and post and share!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Keith,

What part of the country are you from, and town?
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mickey thumbs » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Welcome to another not-so-newbie! I joined about 3 months ago after 50 years away from slots. The HRW crew have been a great support as I built my first routed track and acquired a stable of 1/32 cars. Tuning, troubleshooting, you name it, these guys will help.
:text-welcomewave:
Mickey thumbs

Postby lancelotalove » Wed May 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Keith, Moistek, What scale slot cars are you into? HO, 1/32, 1/24? Are you a home racer or go to commercial raceways, or club racing?
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Wed May 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Welcome - I'm still newish here and love the support found here.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 pm

SPECIAL BULLETIN, KEITH-- URGENT

When I was 59 on HRW, I only had 200 cars. Now I'm not sure but was over 800 when last counted. You will be summoned by the spirit of wood track excellence, the wonder of urethane and silicone tires, and the addiction to stripping paint and re-livery-ing. Beware, spouses are born with a natural enemy status for grown men playing with toy cars. But the rewards are well worth it. Full enabling of addiction is available here! Ask any question without thought of ridicule, share what's happening in your life, recipes for man food, crazy ideas for speed and handling, anything. This is your place.

By the way, Perro- Is that St. Francisville, just south of the Mississippi line, north of Baton Rouge?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to Slot Car News!