[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextrix IROC Camaro Behind the Scenes

Scalextrix IROC Camaro Behind the Scenes

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Scalextrix IROC Camaro Behind the Scenes

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Yeah, and I have to tell you...this is truly behind the curtain. Might get a scolding for this...but the cat...or rather the NEW CAMARO is out of the bag...

It starts here with a CAD as usual.

In the very early stages.

Golly. WHO's name is that?

Yep inline...and I'm good with that.

Fun to see this one come to life. And even more fun seeing yet ANOTHER American car series we have starved for.

Ok...now I might have to hide.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextrix IROC Camaro Behind the Scenes

Postby docdoom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

O yea I be getting 6 of those for my sdd track. Puts Iroc racing in all new light
Last edited by docdoom on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby dreinecke » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:05 am

Well DANG! I’m pretty excited as I watched IROC for years! I loved the IROC with the Daytona’s too!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:39 am

There goes the budget... again! Woo hoo!!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 am

AWWWWESOME!!!! Great seeing this era get some love!
DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing these become available!!!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 am

So I'm not sure exactly how much I'm allowed to say about the project yet but... don't expect to see driver's names on the cars.
I have been working on this project for months now with the designer shown in the TV show and the brand managers in England. I'll be going to England this Friday for product meetings starting next Monday. I am very happy to see that the project is this far along and I'm really hoping I can bring back one of the prototypes... but it's likely I won't be able to.
I've made it a point to try to move the era of slot cars that are made forward into the 80's. I'd tried with little success at previous company's but I was happy (and terrified) to be allowed to make this suggestion for Scalextric. It's early to say for sure but judging from the reaction it seems this car is well received.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 am

Personally, I feel your efforts are solid gold. We can't have everything in this hobby, but you are helping create very appealing AMERICAN models that many of us have been starving for.

My own personal tastes have changed over the years, and quite frankly I am bored with seeing the same molds and series rehashed almost constantly.
The slot car hobby in the USA NEEDS models like these.

Thanks again for your efforts sir. Enjoy your trip...and go easy on the tea :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby docdoom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 am

docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:44 am

My thoughts to the office have been that we should leave the names off so we can avoid any issues and I'm happy to have someone do driver's names as decals in the aftermarket.

Also I've had the office confirm that this car has the normal S can type motor... I'll confirm this and other design elements next week when I'm there and I have the model in front of me. I'm told they're open to have me be able to share photos I take of the prototype. Let's see if that changes when I'm there but I'll do my best to provide those pix. What we have decided is that we're not going to talk in specifics yet about the liveries of the cars. But at least we can talk generally about other specifics about the car.
It will be a 2020 car, this car is NOT going to be released this year. BUT since the car is already this done, I'd expect it will be earlier in the year that we release it.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby dreinecke » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks for the info.

I’d be happy with the bright solid colors they were as well as the fake sponsors and a space in the doors for us to decal the names on.

If not, full fakes are fine. Like the Montes, they look perfect at speed!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am

Hey...how about "WISE" on one? Heck that saves ink over those other guys longer names!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby williamg » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:40 pm

I think this is excellent. I will definitely be owning a couple when they get released. :text-thankyouyellow:
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm

i was thinking the same thing, take names from people in the hobby.

I'm excited about these.......and I'm a Ford guy! LOL
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:10 pm

By all means put "Allen" on one of the cars. A purple one would be nice. :)
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!