[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Proposed Carrera 2019

Proposed Carrera 2019

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Proposed Carrera 2019

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm

I ask for lists and get nothing. Search the web and its leaked all over... :roll:

1:24
Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo Liqui Moly Equipe #55 (23869)
Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo Würth-Kraus-Zakspeed Team #1 (23870)
BMW M1 Procar Norisring 1981 #87 (23871)
BMW M1 Procar Zandvoort 1979 #80 (23872)
Porsche 917K Porsche Salzburg 1000km B. Hatch 1970 #11 (23873)
Porsche Carrera 6 TV 1967 (23874)
Ford GT Race Car #67 (23875)
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 Black Falcon #5 (23876)
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R Callaway Competition #26 (23878)
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 AF Corse #51 (23879)
Audi R8 LMS Carrera Racing Police (23880)
Mercedes AMG C 63 DTM P. Wehrlein #94 (23881)
Mercedes AMG C 63 DTM E. Mortara #48 (23882)
Audi RS 5 DTM R. Rast #33 (23883)
Audi RS 5 DTM N. Müller #51 (23884)
Porsche 991 RSR 956 Rothmans #91 (23885)
Porsche 991 RSR Pink Pig #92 (23886)

1:32
Ferrari 488 GT3 WTM Racing #22 (30868)
Audi R8 LMS #22A (30869)
Mercedes AMG GT3 Gulf Racing #31 (30870)
BMW M6 GT3 Rowe Racing #99 (30871)
Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Vincenzo Sospiri Racing #6 (30872)
Ford GT Race Car Time Twist #1 (30873)
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R RWT Racing #13 (30874)
Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Pink (30875)
Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 CEA Safety Car (30876)
Porsche 918 Spyder #2 (30877)
Audi RS 5 DTM R. Rast #33 (30879)
Audi RS 5 DTM R. Frijns #4 (30880)
BMW M4 DTM M. Wittmann #11 (30881)
BMW M4 DTM J. Eriksson #47 (30882)
Mercedes AMG C 63 DTM L. Auer #22 (30883)
Mercedes AMG C 63 DTM G. Paffett #2 (30884)
BMW M1 Procar Daytona 2017 #7 (30885)
BMW M1 Procar Cassani Racing 1979 #77 (30886)
Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo D&W Zakspeed Team #3 (30887)
Porsche 917K #26 (30888)
Carrera Tanker Berchtesgadener Landmilch (30889)
Porsche 991 RSR Porsche GT Team #93 (30890)
Porsche 991 RSR 956 Rothmans #91 (30891)
McLaren 720S GT3 (30892)
McLaren 720S GT3 (30893)
Ferrari FXX K Evoluzione #54 (30894)
Ferrari FXX K Evoluzione #98 (30895)
BMW 3.5 CSL 6h Watkins Glen 1979 #5 (30896)
BMW 3.5 CSL 1976 #12 (30897)
Porsche Kremer 935 K3 Vaillant #51 (30898)
Porsche Kremer 935 K3 Interscope Racing #00 (30899)
Porsche 904 Carrera GTS #66 (30902)
Chevrolet Dekon Monza #27 (30905)
Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray #35 (30906)
Ford Torino Talladega 1970 #76 (30907)
Porsche 991 RSR Proton Competition #99 (30908)

Pretty unimpressive. Except the return of the Torino. The Ferrari license is wasted with the "FXX" thingie again. All the classic cars to choose from....
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Proposed Carrera 2019

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

Shame they didn't do a Road Runner or a Charger instead of the Torino - it was great when the re-did the Torino but the question that comes to mind is how many different Torino liveries does a person need. I don't need to buy another Torino and from what I have seen the last years ones didn't race off the shelves here in Australia. Whereas a Torino and a re-release of a Dodge Charger would have been more appealing.

Which are the new bodies?
Last edited by Dangermouse on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Well, how many YOU or I need...and a beginner is quite different. I'm happy to see the Torino.

And what moves off the shelves where you live is different than here. I just bought the Scalextric Pete Brock car for review, but almost NO ONE around here knows or cares.

But the Torino needs the Plymouths and Dodges to go with it. A single release does nothing to start a series for any newcomer.

And no 57? That is just insane thinking. Tool up a running mate. I would have passed on the Monza. The 57 sold MUCH better than it ever did.

Lot of "Me too" cars . How many versions of the 935 and 3.5 CSL do we have to have? Boring. I have a full lot of those. So do other veterans. And newcomers don't know what they heck they are.
Literally zero fresh thinking.

Maybe if your club is all Euro, you are happy. Me? I see a Torino and thats about it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bigman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Harry
I'd take any 55 56 57 Chevy's, those are some of the best cars for any type racing you want to do :music-rockout:
there getting big money for any chargers and the old police cars are over a hundred bucks :violence-stickwhack:
Also My grandson loves police cars, been trying to win some of the older ones wow big dollars
I'd be happy with just plain white body's, I paid big bucks for the Carrera police mustang just a few days before Christmas it was just for him under the tree I didn't even take it out of the case until we went out to race the darn thing wound not even move it had a bent axel and the brass bushing were super glued in like a rock
Man the little guy was bummed out :scared-eek: and so was I :scared-eek:
Just my 2cents :oops:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm

A #76 Torino of Ben Arnold? Crazy. Slap a ‘69 Dan Gurney Riverside livery on it and sell a ton of them.
Or how about AJ Foyt?
Or the Allison Coke car?

Can’t find a Prototype for a #27 Monza. But I would take a #19 or #20 Chris Cord car. Budweiser livery might be an issue but a plain red car combined with an intrepid decal manufacturer.... Then again, those cars did run in solid red paint.

An Interscope 935. Now that’s interesting, but Scale Auto did the car and I don’t think anyone other than myself bought one. Then again, being Carrera, some people only buy that brand.

As for a ‘57 Chevy - zero interest here.

I seem to detect a lingering Carrera hate since Mr. Kennedy lost his job, but it’s time to get over it.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rolo9th » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Well, I count 10 that I want based on the list. Will be curious to see the pictures of them when they become available.
rolo9th

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:52 pm

No issue from me. Just stating my interest in the initial list.

BUT lists are subject to change. They always seem to these days.

The absence of the 57 and other classic NASCAR just makes zero sense. The molds are there. Paul Goldsmith black and gold #13 57 should have been made years ago.
Would sell out before it hit the shores. Almost like the others before it.

If we are going to re-hash models we have seen over and over, there are a few classic Ferrari's that could be done that would fit into the few classics they still produce.

1/24 could use a dose of American Iron too. That series really needs it.

I like my Carrera more than most. Still race them, still like'em. But it is CARRERA that needs to "move on" and get some fresh thinking.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby manchvegasracer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm

I agree that Ferrari and Carrera could do more with their exclusive agreement, but I will probably get the FXX K. I like modern super cars. The new Mclaren 720 GT3 will also be on my list. Who knows what else will end up in the catalog from them. :)
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm

“1/24 could use a dose of American Iron too. That series really needs it. ”
That would be great
They have moulds already so could do a Corvette Grand Sport, Cheetah (Cro-Sal) and GT40 Andretti #6 or Hill #7 would be good
and then there are lots they could do as new bodies - AC Cobra, Daytona Cobra, Corvette Stingray etc or what about a 1/24 Torino or Bel Air
There are lots of great choices
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:52 pm

I agree that the Ferrari license has been a complete waste and has robbed the hobby of some the great cars that could have been produced by others.

I still dream of a Slot.it or Sideways Ferrari 458 or... :doh: How about a Slot.it Ferrari 350 Can Am?....Drool.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Xr4ti » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:04 am

Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray #35 (30906)
Would this be a C7?
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:42 am

Monza and Corvette Sting Ray are fantasy-liveries.
Don't dismiss them already, not everything has to be a snapshot from the past.
As long as it looks good, it serves the purpose of getting people interested - and they do!
No use of doing existing race-liveries on a roadgoing body, this would be just as "wrong".

I'm eager to post pics, but out of solidarity with the Carreraclub-members (and staff) I refrain from doing so.
(Those leaks are annoying, to say the least).

About releasing only a Torino: I'm glad the Aerowarriors are still going, even if it's just by the Torino. There are some difficulties with getting Dodges and Plymouths made. But the moulds are still there.
The alternatives mentioned by WB2 are either Mercury (with different hood and louvers on the B-pillar), or different year (Coke was later) or white (Foyt) (white cars aren't doing good, no matter what), which could easily be done later - believe me, the #76 we do this year just looks great!

So, taking into account that no new mould was targeted at the US this year, this is quite a good offering! And the 935 K3, if that isn't an IMSA-icon, I don't know, what is!

The other cars that are demanded here ('57 Chevy), okay, how long would it take that you are bored about "just another re-livery" on that one, too, if it were done every year?
The mould is still alive, so no reason to panic!

Imagine the alternatives: our other roadcars been done, in plain but different colors, as exciting as a full parking-lot.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:07 am

Hey, I didn’t leak the Torino photos :) I was a good boy. :dance:

There are newcomers that do not tire from some molds. The 57 is iconic and creative race decos have proven how successful the car has been in the past.

It needs a 56/57 Ford alongside it. The only thing that mold has been missing is a running mate to go with it. The cars could be matched up in sets.

Of course I am just being me. I want new USA molds, :angry-soapbox: :flags-waveusa:

Thank you Captain for the reply. And yes, the Torino is very nice. When I am given the green light, I’ll post the photos.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 am

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GRUNZ » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:45 am

From my point of view, this list is way more exciting that what scalex is bringing to the market.
Considering that they have two scales to keep up, I would say they have done a good job.
The new porsche 991 RSR (if they do the right liveries) will sell better than hot cakes.
These cars will have a world-wide appeal - I do not think that the same can said for the scalex '80 nascar cars.
And what about keeping this class consistent so that you have plenty of models to choose from (no silly slimline motors, or switch motor configuration without updating the previous models).
As a bonus, the new mclaren 720. Again, not bad!
Scalex, Jaguar E-pace...Really? what SUV racing now? And of course only two liveries and who knows if they will bother to keeping putting out new liveries next year...

They are offering the porsche 991 also 1/24 scale which will be a nice addition against the corvette and the ford GT.
Sure, I would have loved to see the new R8, the 488, the AMG, done in this scale, still I think they heading to the right direction.
Moreover they are putting out new liveries for their bmw pro cars which means we can have a proper grid of 6+ cars.
Pity that the DTM in this scale does not have the BMW. Ironically, Mercedes is out of the DTM from this year.

Personally, me happy ;-)
GRUNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!