New Track System from Germany

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: New Track System from Germany

Postby Alan132 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am

I wish them luck as they will need it! If you have the slightest chance to succeed with a new product today it is very important to state what advantage your product has to the consumer. I have read over the information and I could not see why I should by this product. Good luck !!!
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm

Looks like the the HS catalog ALREADY has a cool and very expensive slot car track by Slot Mods in the guise of a full size replica of a Porsche 917 (other 1:1 racing car covers for the track available), perfect for adding to your garage man cave...only $125K. Whaaaat?
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Come on guys, this is a very short lived venture.

Slotmods makes great tracks...love the exposure and modeling they bring to our hobby. We all know them and great people.

But how many of YOU know personally who has one? How many of YOU race on it? VERY FEW. Drops in the bucket compared to all the "regular" home racers here.

With Policar/Slot.it and Scaleauto coming in (which we really don't need), this is a dead player before it begins.

More and more people are routing and making their own than ever before. Especially with the DIY resources we have today. Not to mention perfectly good plastic track options.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mattb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm

One thing this forum does is offer tons of guidance and advice. I bet a few guys have built wood tracks based on info and exposure from this forum. I think it is safe to assume that more than a few didn't have much wood working or electrical experience, but the help on this forum made them dive in and see if they could do it. I bet most all tracks built worked successfully. Builders probably realized how much better they could do the second time around and did something even better the second time around.

That is really counter to any track designed to be a real hobbyists race track and not just an entry level toy for kids.

Spend a couple hundred and build a routed track or spend a thousand or so for a sectional track? What works for most of us!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Pretty cool you can order the power lane inserts from 8 different choices.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby slothead » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm all for variety and a range of quality/price options in the market place. I work at a college where about 65% of the students come from families that can write a $70K tuition check every year and don't ask for any financial aid. My point is there are more people than most of us think who have the where-with-all to get and do what they want.

The Carrera & Scalextric cars selling in the $40 range are very popular. But NSR and Thunderslot have a market too at a very different price point. The last hobby shop I was in (near Portland, Maine) sold them for $110 - $120 and had an active group of guys racing them.

The market for this track may be small, but if it's what some people want I'm glad they'll have this option available.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm

I watched the video, what there was of it, and couldn't figure out much of what it is about.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:56 pm

I f you want high end slot car track , go to Nieman Marcus , they have a slot car set up, they will come and build it for you , three lane wooden track , if I am not mistaken they have buildings also, that is if you have an extra 10,000.00 laying around .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!