[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Thunderbird

Scalextric Thunderbird

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Scalextric Thunderbird

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Dave is right here...they're doing what they can and the white kits you can do as you wish..right? You're looking a gift horse in the mouth.
I won three segments of four with my Monte last week , and I'll tell you no one was noticing the livery one bit.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

I got into it about replica and fantasy liveries on HRW before and lost - meaning I was informed more releases are fantasy versions than I thought. Given the constraints and costs mentioned here it makes sense, even if it's disappointing. I only buy RTR cars that are verifiable as actual liveries that started a sanctioned race with the driver(s) names listed on the grid. Yes, that is a bit anal but as a solo racer I need structure to keep me engaged.

We (HRW and folks from similar forums) are a small but vocal community - we want what we want. Like it or not it looks like it will be up to us to make the NASCAR replicas from previous eras. A few of the cars from the 70's are still available ($$), but for the 80's and 90's it's a blessing that bodies are becoming available but that's just the starting point.

As someone with 10 thumbs when it comes to artistic incompetence (you'd rather hear me sing opera than see a car I painted), I'm wondering if technology will be able to help out? Once a body is stripped and prepped, could something like tampo printing be used to do the detailing on our end? What about a form of 3D painting, where tooling like 3D printers recreates a pre-programmed paint scheme on an object? Perhaps easiest of all, what about scale car wrap decals like those used on full size race cars? A decal sheet that fits over the whole body to recreate the desired livery?
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby mattb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 am

If you are not able, you can always buy decals and pay someone to paint and detail body for you. There is a path to what you want.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 am

Here is a cool idea.
What if the fantasy livery is a charity?

Like St Judes Children Hospital, or the Miami Project to cure paralysis ?

Bet a few of those could sell and a portion could go to said charity as well as bring awareness.

Just thinking.
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:53 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am

I got it! An all new official TEAM HRW edition! :whistle:

Where do I sign?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 4424ever » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Where do I order :clap:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 pm

I don't mind fantasy liveries but prefer them to be well thought out so that they actually look like it could be legit.

Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:58 pm

I've been putting decals on model cars since I was 8 years old....It's not difficult.
They looked as good as a 12 year old could've done! :D
But seriously..I see lots of replica decal stuff being sold EVERYWHERE on line.
There is also a Facebook page out there where somebody's doing OUTSTANDING replica dirt car wraps.
They are printed as an adhesive backed sticker I'm sure ANYBODY with 2 thumbs could apply. :whistle:
Maybe contacting someone like that who could print nearly anything your looking for is the way to go.

The WHITE kits are the way to go for replica guys. :twocents-mytwocents:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:04 pm

Good looking car.
I do find it amusing that NASCAR would rather have no pie, than some pie. Who in their right mind would not want exposure for their company? Oh, right... :lol:

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jim Norton » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Dave:

Please clarify as I want to make sure I understand. :think:

Is Nascar saying that Scalextric can't produce any historic paint jobs on the Monte Carlo period?

Or, is Nascar asking for a licensing fee and if so what does that translate per slot car?

Also, if Nashville Tube and Welding sponsored my brother in law's only Nascar race does that mean Nascar owns the advertising and paint scheme designed by others on the car?

How Can Nascar say that Russ Toggs, Food Country, Appliance Wheels or Broadway Motor Company can't have their names and logos on a minature slot car? (Especially if they are no longer in existence)

Thanks,

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL
Last edited by Jim Norton on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Norton

Postby Jim Norton » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 pm

As far as painting and decaling......Sure. But you will never get the durability in racing that car that a factory paint job offers. For shelf queens its fine. But if thats the case why not just buy a static model kit?

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:23 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby REL13 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 pm

Jim, Back when I was in the Bush North series, We had to get the OK from Nascar to put any sponsor on the cars, and we had to tell them what the color of the car was going to be, and who the sponsors were going to be. REL13
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car News!