[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Thunderbird

Scalextric Thunderbird

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Scalextric Thunderbird

Postby Jim Norton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Dave:

I just don't understand, as the hobby moves forward, we have to look back on the efforts of SCX, Carerra and Scalectric to find accurate Nascar liveries? How were these models accomplished?

If its cost lets do it. The vast majority of today's hobbyists are wage earning adults. Heck, I'd pay $45.00 or $50.00 - easily - to add a Scalectric Cale Yarbrough Hardees Thunderbird to my races! Currently, I'd rather have my older in line Scalectric Tauruses and Pontiac's then invest in stock cars that have no historical revelance.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm

It's simple, Nascar will not allow us to do historic liveries on the old cars (new molds- Monte Carlo/Thunderbird).
At the time i did the Nascar's at SCX we had the current bodies, and Nascar was happy with us doing the current stuff.
Same for when I was at Carrera and we did the last few CoT's (Bass Pro set, etc).. .again... the current cars.
It's that simple, they want us to make the current stuff... that won't happen.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Jim Norton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 pm

O.K. How did Carrera do the Nascars of the 1960s....Torinos, Superbirds, etc?

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:55 pm

The last Torinos i had done were... USAC cars... this was done intentionally to avoid the license. I was approached by Nascar at Toy Fair and they said "hey these are Nascars" ... I said "no, they're USAC cars" ... they left me alone after that. While we had the Nascar license in the early days (pretty much before I got to Carrera) they had done actual Nascar models, after that I had to be creating to fine liveries we could do that avoided the license.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Jim Norton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 pm

Dave:

There are cool ARCA cars out there:

How about these real cars?

Leroy Maybry #13 ARCA Monte Carlo
Dave Simko 1988 #51 ARCA Monte Carlo
Bill Venturini 1988 #25 ARCA Monte Carlo

These came up from a quick ARCA search. I am sure there are mor.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:07 pm

this car?

I can't find photos of the other 2 on Google....
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Jim Norton » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:43 am

Here is the 51 Monte Carlo.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL
Jim Norton

Postby Jim Norton » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:46 am

Here is #13 Monte Carlo. Now wondering if there are any ARCA Tbirds?!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby Fletch3 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 am

ARCA? I would just assume paint my own.
Fletch3

Postby Jim Norton » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:34 am

Hey Dave:

Lucked up and found an ARCA Thunderbird for consideration. #03 Tony Schwengel. am sure there are more!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby joe lister » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 am

joe lister

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Jim Norton » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Dave: Don't give up that easy. Since ARCA does not have the exposure Nascar does maybe they'll work with you on this.

Two things I am sure of:

1) Nascar sucks
2) Fantasy liveries are a cop out.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL
Jim Norton

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 pm

Cop out?

If there is a choice between HAVING the car with fictional, or not having them at all?

I'll take fiction all day long.

Might try getting some and racing them as is. They are fun cars regardless of the paint.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:23 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car News!