[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalex-Nov. arrivals-Stock car

Scalex-Nov. arrivals-Stock car

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Scalex-Nov. arrivals-Stock car

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:56 am

Yes! Some new cars have arrived... they are starting to ship out to dealers today.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: Scalex-Nov. arrivals-Stock car

Postby BIG E » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:25 pm

A good looking Monte Aero Coupe, phantom livery and all. And those FORDs along with that Ferrari... WOW!
With enough shelf space and cash... OMG! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby spaceshoes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 am

What is the best method to strip down the Monte Carlo's? Seems like in the past some cars could be placed in alcohol, 90% maybe. Does that do anything or should I just get my sand paper out? Decals are in hand. It's been a few years since I've painted and decals. I'm ready to get back on the horse. Harry Gant, Tim Richmond, and DWs Pepsi Challenger are on tap. I'm also taking some of the F1s and giving them some Indy liveries: Hunter-Reay and Rossi.
spaceshoes

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Are you the one and only spaceshoes? If you are, I'm pretty sure you painted some Artin & Scalextric NASCAR slot cars for me a few years ago. One was a Jeff Gordon #24 Pepsi car.

Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby spaceshoes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Thanks Harry! Sorry I missed that thread, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Haha, yes Brian, I'm the one. I believe I got some of those Artin cars from you. I ended up selling my track and a bunch of those Artins when we moved some years ago. I've got a new track built and 5 of the SCX cars painted and decaled. I sure do miss those Artins. They were cheap, ran great, and were fun to paint. These new Scaleys are bringing back my childhood, I remember the Skoal Bandit winning the first NASCAR race I watched on TV. I also remember playing with an STP and Pepsi Challenger big plastic cars with my next door neighbor back in the early 80s.
spaceshoes

Postby Broman62 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Hey SS...if you can hold out, I believe sometime in April the all “white” (no paint) Scalextric Monte Carlo’s are supposed to be arriving in the USA at your local slotcar dealers...just so you know!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby spaceshoes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Thanks Broman. Thanks to the alcohol, I've already got 1 white one. :)
spaceshoes

Return to Slot Car News!