[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tire Branding missing from Slot Car tires?

Tire Branding missing from Slot Car tires?

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Michelin Tire Markings from Indycals

Postby RvE » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Indycals now has Michelin tire markings for 1/32 Scalextric cars. I will be ordering some in the coming days and retrofit some of my Sports Car slot cars! I will post some pics when done....but that might be a few weeks!
RvE

Michelin Tire Markings

Postby RvE » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Here are the Indycal tire marking decals for the modern Michelin tires. Very accurate and great detail. They fit the Scalextric Ford GT and Porsche 911 RSR. Yes, I know the real tires have 2 sets of these per tire, but I got lazy and only added one per tire.
Cheers RvE
RvE

Goodyear tire markings for Scaley Trans Am cars

Postby RvE » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 pm

The Indycal Goodyear tire decals (sold in the "sports car" section of their website) fit the Scalextric Trans Am cars nicely. Here they are on my AMC Javelin. This is a great looking slot car, and the correct tire markings really add to the realism. Cheers RvE
Last edited by RvE on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RvE

Recreating LeMans - under the Dunlop bridge

Postby RvE » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Since I had the Porsche RSR and Ford GT on the track, and my phone was out, I snapped a nice pic - with tire markings! I really love these new in-line Scaley cars. Super smooth and fast, and they have lights! Enjoy the Pic, RvE
RvE

Re: Tire Branding missing from Slot Car tires?

Postby ourwayband » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Great picture.Do you have any more of your track? Looks like a nice one..
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

The track

Postby RvE » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi Ourwayband. Here is a photo of my track. I lay it out on the floor, since its easy, and I change my layout every year! Cheers RvE
RvE

Re: Tire Branding missing from Slot Car tires?

Postby ourwayband » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks for the picture.Great looking clean track!
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Firestone Indycals

Postby RvE » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:12 pm

The summer is the off season for me.....my track is packed away, but I am making my way through my tire markings, and adding them to some of my favourite cars where the markings wore off. Here are the Firestone decals on a GB Track Porsche 917. These are the white on clear markings, that are a bit less expensive than the decal versions that have the tire markings on a black decal "sidewall". These are just as easy to apply, but need a steady hand to cut out the decal from the backing. Cheers RvE
RvE

Re: The track

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Changing the layout!

Postby RvE » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks Dave. Notice the 2 Scaley foot bridges....haha.
I keep things simple and just do my tracks on the floor, and change the layouts every year. I pack up my track, accessories and diorama pieces for the summer. As Christmas approaches and friends and family are coming over, I build a new layout with all the track accessories every year. I find the new layout keeps it interesting - but it takes about 3 evenings to layout the track, wiring and accessories. In the coming weeks, I will post some progress pics of a prior layout in the Track Layout section...for those that are interested. Cheers RvE
RvE

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!