Slotblog

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Slotblog

Postby Pappy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 am

For those of you trying to go on Slotblog there is a major outage effecting tens of thousands of sites.

If you need to contact Greg Wells for any reason you can reach him at Slotblog@gmail.com

Slotblog should be back up soon but they said that yesterday.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Slotblog

Postby mattb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 am

Kind of crippling, ain't it Butch? You can follow along on facebook, if you do facebook. Somebody's hacking!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 am

I've talked to Greg and it was someone high up in the organization that pushed the wrong button, not a hacker.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 am

Got to keep some buttons under lock and key.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Balicious » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 pm

In other words, someone in charge did it. Not the person that knows what's going on. lol

With the outage, I had more time to work on slot cars.
Balicious

Postby Pappy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:10 pm

I just got an email from Pablo who got some information from Mike Swiss. Slotblog should be up and running in 10 to 20 hours.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Update from Greg here. I would give it 24 just to be on the safe side.

It's a mess, but it will get resolved and back online soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Pappy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:31 pm

I didn't find out until today that Slotblog has been back on line since about 11am Monday. I was still getting a page saying "Sorry" with hints on why I couldn't access Slotblog and thought it was still down. So I called Greg today and he told me it has been up since Monday. It has something to do with the cache, whatever that means. I still can't just get to Slotblog by typing it in, I have to go through Safari on my Mac. I don't know much about computers so don't ask me any questions, I just wanted to let everyone know Slotblog is back on line.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Butch, I have that same problem with Google and I go to the google address line and at the end of it I can access tools. One of the tools deletes cache and then I can get to SB again. The page you get when you can't get to SB has instructions for this, but those instructions are for windows and not for google. I read onthe thread that guys had to delete cache in safari, not in their other programs. I was able to get there using internet explorer private, whatever that is.

This is the second time I had to do this and it challenges an old man!!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Matt,

I screwed around trying to make it easier to get onto Slotblog and now I can't even get on it through Safari. I'm going to have to call Greg tomorrow and I'm sure he'll know what to do. This computer crap is as hard for me to figure out as how to pronounce my medications. :?
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 pm

When I couldn't use google I was able to use internet explorer, with a this setting, "Start in private browsing" and it went thru to the site. You might try that or just wait and talk to Greg and he should get you lined out.

Prescripts/meds for us old guys. I keep a list in my billfold. The guy that we have medicare supplement with now had to ask us about meds when we applied. He would ask us the drug, then fool around and finally ask us how to spell it! We figured he should have been smart enough to have a small cheat list, so he could spell Lipitor without having to ask his applicant! He was just the agent and all dealings bypass him, but the insurance is great.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:03 am

Some how this has fixed itself. I've always been able to type an H and hit enter and go straight to Home Racing World. Now I can type an S and hit enter and go straight to Slotblog.

Life is wonderful. :dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car News!