[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fresh Monte Carlo photos

Fresh Monte Carlo photos

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Fresh Monte Carlo photos

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 am

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the car in hand a great deal. Sending you a little email, so be in the lookout.

And when you have a chance, post somore of those photos please. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby noddaz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:37 pm

noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

So I'm wrapping up the meetings this week at Hornby HQ. We discussed a LOT this week. I can only say a few things publicly BUT I can say that it is CLEAR to the folks in the UK that US styles of cars are the most important part of our product line.
In the past there hadn't been solid lines of communication of ideas about new products and issues and other things... this new top management team will not allow that to continue. We do have a literal and figurative "seat at the table" for ALL product line discussions. They expect the North American market to grow... they know they need it to grow, the know for that to happen we need to get the right products for North America... period.
I will say that i found my colleagues here very open and hungry for input on products and direction from our team from the US. It was a positive week, the discussions were passionately presented from both sides.
If you guys take nothing else away from this take THIS away... things ARE different now. They have changed. We are now on a direction with products and local management that this company hasn't had before I'd say. Will we get everything we want every year... without a doubt we will not.
Just to give a bit of light to what was discussed we did talk about what cars we'd like to see over the next 4 years, I'm talking new molds. If we do get what we've asked for I would expect everyone here to be able to see for themselves that this week was the turning point. You might be able to only see thing unfold over time but trust me progress will be made if the results of this week are what I expect they will be.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby SlotCarCorner » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:19 am

Thank you for the recap Dave - very encouraging!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:28 am

Harry,

Could you upload picture of the underside of the Monte Carlo body with the tray interior in place? I would like to see how much the rear of the tray covers under the rear aero glass, if the tray is flush with the exterior rear deck, etc. There is a "method to the madness", as you might surmise.

Also, if you could pass on to Dave Kennedy and the Scalextric guys that it would be great if they could sell those new NASCAR wheel/tire combinations in sets of four, it would be a popular items for us U.S. kitbashers on a budget, just like the old 90s F1 four wheel/tire sets they are now selling cheaply overseas, and could be another revenue stream for them.

Thanks for the review! (oh yeah - what is the width/height of these new Monte Carlo tires in mm?)
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Please check the review thread sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks, captain.

If the Paul Gage subs you recommend are in essence an almost exact replica of the original tire profile, then I would assume that these tires are 21mm tall and 10mm wide (even though the hub is about 9.24 mm).

I am still interested in the wheels/tires as sets for bulk purchase as parts for kit-bashing, if you could pass on the word.

It also looks like to me that Scalextric is employing some novel and interesting "optical illusions" with the interior tray and its components from a visual perspective.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

You bet sir.

I guess the interior will be like anything else for folks, good enough or not. I like it. Light and has enough scale detail.

Especially at speed :)

Yes the PG tires are pretty much a replica. With some sanding, you widen the contact patch a little and she HAULS :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby RazorJon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 am

I felt like I won the lottery Friday, Just a handful of guys have got to see this car in person and I turned a few laps with it :auto-driving:

I am very happy with it

Thank you everyone involved behind the scene that made this car happen
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Racie35 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:50 am

I'm jealous Jon...you caused that
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!