[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:42 am

Uh...$39.99? HELLO!!! I may even buy the Monte Carlo race set just for FUN!!! WOW!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 am

UMMM... SCOTY Award - Slot Car of The Year 2018
Scalextric Monte Carlo :banana-dance:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Jesla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:48 am

Whoop Whoop...

Dang, I might have to go back to work.....second thought, no I'd rather play.

Just how long have we been waiting for this anyway?....... Definitely worth the wait!
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:53 am

80's Monte Carlos...
Can we plan the proxy now?!!?
I'm in!!!!
:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am

LOL, you know I have been bugging the #$@! out of Patto the last week or so. Told him to prepare for a "Yank Invasion" for decals :)

So just to clarify the paint schemes: I was involved with this project and simple generic schemes were all that could be done. The licensing that NASCAR now demands as well as the teams...is pretty far out there, especially for older models. But if they were to pay that premium, we would not see the prices we are.

Many will dislike them and be disappointed we do not have actual team schemes. Don't think I am not. BUT I am too happy that we FINALLY have this long overdue car and ERA of stock car racing coming.

Like anything else...don't like? Don't buy.

I'll have a fleet of these regardless.

Oh and that Jag...and the Javlein...and this

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gentleman Norb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am

Nice! Pretty exciting.
I like cars that make left turns.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Fitzy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 am

WOW!! Scalextric really looking forward to the new releases did I read that correctly those cars are cheaper?
Gotta say of all the slot cars out there We do have a lot of Scalextric Trans Am cars and of course the Legends
cars And those Monte Carlo's I'm gonna need a bigger basement!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RBPhillips » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:59 am

Those Monte Carlos may have been bricks, but they were real aerodynamic bricks.
RBPhillips

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:59 am

Boy - after seeing Carrera's 2018 list, I drove my Chevy to the levee, drinkin' whiskey and rye...

But, after seeing Scalextrics prices on top of their (somewhat modest yet respectable) offerings, concerning these redcoats I can only echo entertainer Lola Heatherton: "I want to have your baby!"

There will be more money and goods flowing between the Crown and Hong Kong with this commercial operation than the whole of the Opium Wars (with my basement being the "opium den" end point of addicts). I myself will be renting a supertanker to fill up with Monte Carlos at the port, and spread them like Johnny Appleseed in my circles. Those prices will also cause me to buy many, many more cars I have no need for as impulse buys in bulk...China will have to import immigrants (or sub-contract North Korea) to keep up the demand for components and assembly. All I have to say is, "Carrera who?" My crystal ball of declining RTR purchases for me temporarily led me to think the Crossover household would have discretionary money for diapers for the baby and medicine, but thankfully that lamentable crisis has been averted this year!

I'll stick the Monte Carlo chassis under anything that doesn't move (rail dragsters, unicycles, Subaru WRXs) - I don't care if it has square wheels. If they do not make rolling chassis, bodies and components, axle sets, etc. available for sale, I hope an underground black market emerges where they are traded like cryto-currency, tobacco or beads with the Indians, or cigarettes inside the pen! I myself am cornering the market on decal paper and forming a cartel. And I hope Scalextric staff reads this - a free neck rub for each one of you, personally delivered me!

There has been some confusion in that some of the listings show the set cars as super-resistant, yet photos seems to show they have clear windshields and simple interiors, so I hope that can be clarified. If they turn out t be clear, I won't be so understated and reserved in my praise as I've been here.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am

Woah!!!! OK, now er are talking.

I like those 'generic' schemes Harry. Besides, we know that many of us will either get a white kit or start the repainting process.
Glad to hear you've' talked to Pattos' that will be stop number 2 for me!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 am

Many of you may not know, but the suits at Velocity Corp. tried to hold out for big licensing fees, but the muscle I sent over the "make them an offer they can't refuse" caused them to sing a different song...that, and the horse head in their beds.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Jag, Javelin and AMG.
It all sounds good to me.
I'm a-gonna get the cars I want
And Carrera can kiss my patootie!