[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Scalextric Price List Up!...Wow

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Sure, I'm happy to see a lower cost. What I'm wondering is what are losing in detail for that cost? Hopefully nothing :pray:

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Regular Scalextric cars at a full retail of just $39.99.

Wow.

Almost unbelievable.

Almost.

Next time I'm in the States, I need to go shopping for Scalextric. Two suitcases full, please. Can't beat that price anywhere in the world.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:31 pm

They did it just to annoy you. That’s how impotent you are.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Oh whoops. Heheh. Typo there. Meant important.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

ROTFLOL....
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 pm

You're right, Harry. Impotence is important. :roll:
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 pm

That's why I wore a tuxedo to my vasectomy. If I'm going to be impotent, I should look impotent.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:42 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby REL13 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:52 pm

I looked in the catalog and did not see the Monte Carlo for sale. Is it only sold with the complete set? Bob
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

This list is for the first half of the year only. The individual cars will be coming later in the year.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby REL13 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks. Do you know if they will be coming out with some Fords from about that time? Bob
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 pm

I am pretty sure if the Monte Carlo sells like gangbusters, Scalextric will take notice and make a running mate for the Monte Carlo.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm

I am pretty sure if the Monte Carlo sells like gangbusters, Scalextric will take notice and make a running mate for the Monte Carlo.

I hope you're right, but remember the Trans-Am Jaguar. They made 3 or 4 liveries of it, but no running mate. I hope they don't make that mistake with the Montes
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Well....I am just guessing, but I bet this won't be the first new USA mold we will see in the future.

But yes, in many cases the sales numbers are exactly what the bean counters see.

But sometimes even that does not help. For example, the 57 Chevy by Carrera was one of the fastest, hottest selling cars in the past few years. But...didn't stop them from killing it, or helped get a Ford made to run next to it as they should have.

I am optimistic that we shall see more this time around with the series by Scalextric.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Scaley going in-line along with partial interiors probably saved therm some money. Need to view and drive one or the $39 cars before I praise them.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car News!