[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 2018 Catalog

Carrera 2018 Catalog

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Carrera 2018 Catalog

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:23 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera 2018 Catalog

Postby 4424ever » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Wiping my chin
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 pm

I can't believe I'm the one who has to be the one who points out that Carrera is not our friend any more. I will almost surely buy for a very good price on something new and good, but I won't forget that they are not to be trusted. Anything less than 100% perfect gets returned.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Awesome. Guess who just used their Torino/Chargers for my latest stock car resin kits to run with their cars?

So, 3D chassis it will be from here on out since the rug just got yanked out from under me. That makes building my kits much more expensive now since you'll have to source all the parts individually.

Genius idea I tell you, getting rid of all their American Stock Cars like those two and the '57. I'm sure someone will tell us how awesome it is the Chevelle (drag car) and Mustang (jacked up car) and Trans-Am (street car) are available...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 am

1/24 - Audi - DTM
1/24 Grp 5 Capri - very nice very different a winner
1/24 the Callaway Corvette - looks good as does the Momo Ferrari 458

I was hoping they would do the new Merc GT3 in 1/24 - but the Audi and the Capri make up for that...

In 1/32 a BMW M6 and the Merc GT3 are probably the only two that caught my eye...

seems like a 1/24 day for me....

Looking at the offerings from Scalextric and Carrera now it seems like slot cars are in a bit of a consolidation period - neither has announced a vast array of 'new' cars lots of new liveries not as many new cars... Scaleauto seems to be steaming ahead - perhaps their home series cars might see them make some inroads into that market...
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 am

I am actually happy for a couple of cars this year. The Chevelle is a must have, perhaps a couple. (prices on the old ones went up like bitcoin) Oddly enough, I was just about to re-paint one of the old yellow ones in almost the exact some style! Thanks for posting pictures as it saved me the trouble.

The D 124 Gulf 917 is also a must for me, and perhaps the Trans Am.

I agree about the dropping of some cars. I had some projects planned to mount on that Torino Chassis as well................

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 am

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 am

No one mentioned the DeKon Monza? Come on....
Thank you Dave Kennedy.

Could it be no one is buying the Torinos? They’re not flying off the shelves at the local hobby shop. Kids don’t know what a Torino is. It’s appeal is to us old codgers.
Heck, I walked into a shop in Evansville, In. last year and bought a brand new Carrera Tony Stewart Monte Carlo. And there were other ones on the shelf. If a Tony Smoke Chevy doesn’t sell in Indiana, well....
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am

Interesting how different people have different tastes.

The lack of street cars has been bugging me about Carrera for the past several years. The offerings were more and more tailored to the super-enthusiast. For the average person not well versed in obscure 50 year old race cars the lineup was really a bunch of numbers and stripes and not much more.

I am a Torino fanatic. My first car was the 72 GTS pictured, and I owned several others. It is no surprise that the cars I am attempting to make are Torinos. I worked in a junk yard at 16 and consider myself an old fashioned gear head. I have never heard of a hill climb Torino. Not surprisingly, I did not buy one and if I did it would be just for the chassis.

There were very, very few cars in the previous lineup that appeal to the non-expert. If you are ever going to grow the hobby you are going to have to at least throw them a bone once in a while.

I am not going to say the company has gone down the drain because they are offering a Chevelle and a Trans Am. There are still a ton of oddball cars in that list for the experts to buy and now at least a couple for the rest of us.

I never heard of an M1 until recently. And how many can I pick from? Some of those antique Ferrari cars are completely unknown to the average or even the above average car enthusiast.

Seriously guys, street cars are not taking over. Please do not attack the company for listening. I bugged Dave for the return of the Chevelle every chance I got and I am very grateful that at least it finally came through. I expect it was his doing since it had to have been in the works for a while.

So they remade 2 cars. it is not the end of the company and the death of the hobby. I will buy them! And there are still plenty of expert level cars out there for the rest of you.
Last edited by proxieken on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:04 am

The Dekon Monza is a repaint and the TransAm is a re-release... nothing new there.
You can still find the Gold TransAm however the black one sold out shortly after the
first release.

Also the Dekon Monza, as done by Carrera, never races in the USA so not really an
American market car.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:57 am

You know you people are unbelievable. If it can't be made into a modified or roundy round you come down hard on the new offerings just because there is nothing for you or they're just new liveries of an old mold. Racing in 1/24's like I do there are 2 new molds coming out which is very exciting and at least 2 new liveries of just about every other mold they have. Even a redo of a 917 Gulf that I missed out on the first time around. Won't miss it again. 1/24 cars are Carrera's red headed step child. For years we would be lucky to get a couple of new liveries with hardly any new cars. This is great news for the big car lovers.

Don't forget about the Camera car. Use the goggles for an in car driving experience. Expensive, Probably. Novelty yes but depending on price it my find a new home here.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 am

My opinion, Carrera is releasing a massive amount of new product. Way more than in the last two years. It may not be the cars or liveries that everyone here wants but Carrera is not showing any signs of slowing down. Other than some new modern Trans AM racing cars which I was hoping for from Carrera this year, I think they have a strong line up for 2018.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 pm

I said as 'Carrera did the car'... it never raced in the US in this configuration.
Completely different aro package than was allowed under IMSA rules. Livery
does not make it correct. Please do a little research before preaching.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:13 pm

FYI, the Trans Am will have 2 subtle differences, his shirt color and the rear plate. So, if you're the collector type don't go selling your T/A for the big bucks just yet. You have to have both versions! lol

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!