[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 2018 Catalog

Carrera 2018 Catalog

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: Carrera 2018 Catalog

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 am

No US Distributor listed in the Catalog.

That's not good!

Edit:

Never mind I found it after a second look. Getting old sucks...
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 pm

I am glad to see the Chevelle back, I missed it the first time around!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:00 pm

Driver has a blue shirt.. license plate reads "ESTBND"... I finalized this with the design director a few minutes before I was let go. I had heard over the years with them that people wanted the car again, so to rerelease the car I thought it best to change the car slightly. This was what was decided on.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby bigman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:06 am

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am

Hello!

More detailed look at our news:

And regarding the Firebird:
it also won't have the golden pinstripes and gothic letters of the first version, regular lettering instead.
Easy to tell the difference.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:43 am

Glad to see you over here, Slottus - you know there are many Carrera fans here.

Can you explain why this year's offerings are missing the car models so popular here with US enthusiasts - the aero stockers and 57 chevies? You know we buy whatever you put out in those series. I also miss the mid-60s and earlier sports cars (aside from the one Ferrari this year), particularly with all the wonderful molds you have. I miss all the popular Can Am cars here too!

I put my money where my mouth is over the decades in being a loyal Carrera customer (I probably have over a 1000 Carrera cars - mostly stockers), but I have to admit I have gone from just a few years ago of Carrera having by far the most cars I buy each year, to now being the least. I don't have any problem with the product itself or the price (I will buy as many as you make of the American vintage racing types), but it feels like you have significantly pulled away from us American racers. Even the wounded Scalextric brand on the ropes has invested in another vintage American stocker to give us something to buy. I'll probably buy a few Group 5 cars (even though the series is not nearly as popular over here) and the Monza (nice looking and welcome), but I would sure like to buy some old American stock car products - even if they were white bodied - or the 1965 or older classic sports cars. Honestly, I don't know anyone myself who is interested in the street cars, particularly those with the jacked up rears (I personally would have bought cases of the fastback Mustangs if they didn't have the "funny car" jacked up rear ends - I suspect some of these cars deserve the "Critter Flatter" award for being most out of touch with American racing tastes - just my humble view from where I sit).

Is Carrera being directed away from their historic role of providing ample offerings for us American "good old boys", like the "good old days" of the American "Golden Age" with Carrera here?

ADDENDUM: I understand an argument might be made that my tastes don't line up the Walmart buyer or kid, but I have been a loyal buyer for almost 20 years and made a considerable investment in your product - and I think I represent the tastes of at least a portion of this board - but I figure if I don't speak up, I can't blame you for not considering the desires of folks like me. I feel the lament that I will need to focus on the 3D printing of bodies and our loyal resin casting friends to keep these American series advancing, and that is a shame.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

Now that was a great video. I loved seeing all the cars individually. That Ford GT test car looks meaner than in the catalog. I like it. :music-rockout:
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:55 am

I think HRM needs some real life podium girls.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:56 am

The Wurth Capri made me think. Sideways started out with one and a bit later we got the IMSA Zakspeed Mustang. Will Carrera follow suit?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 am

Awesome video, thanks for sharing it Slottus.

I am a big fan of sports car racing (late 60's to current), so personally I am very happy to see the new DTM and GT cars in the lineup.

Cheers;
Eric
Racer944

Postby Slottus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby zilger » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Here's hoping that Carrera is not yet finished with the Cobra mold. I have been waiting for more liveries and I believe this is the third year now that there have not been any new liveries for this car.

This car seems like it would be one of the easiest for Carrera to find new liveries that would not hinge on any licensing issues and it could easily be adapted to newer "vintage racing" liveries as well.

Please, please, please Carrera, give us some new variations for the Cobra!

Brian
zilger

Postby proxieken » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm

I posted this before, but in summary -street cars are the reason I have Carrera. My friend introduced me to digital slot car racing and then became very upset because I went with Carrera over Scaley. (we race digital and the systems do not mix well) The only reason was at the time Carrera had a strong line-up of cool American street cars. I spent more money than I am prepared to admit in court, but quickly all of the street cars vanished from the lineup. Meanwhile quality of chassis improved dramatically. The old cars are stuck with old chassis.

So I had to troll e-bay and pay over list for cars. I even found a guy on Craig's list selling the digital, red street 67 Mustang. I met him at a slummy bar and we conducted business. I asked my friend if this is what I have been reduced to, meeting strange people online and having to go to these lengths to find the cars I wanted? I have been picking up Pioneer cars as they have numbers that are easy to remove.Image

I began to really regret choosing Carrera as Scaley came out with lots of cool cars and Pioneer works better with Scaley digital. ( I do not have to amputate legs)

Also some Scaley cars I put a chip in. Image

But there was nothing I could just buy and run in this theme from Carrera.

Until now!

My brother and I will be buying 2 Chevelles each and loving every minute of it! :banana-dance:

I am hoping to see the return of the Cuda, in digital someday. And how about that 69 Camaro? It has vinyl roof seams so if you paint it as such it actually looks fine.

It is much easier to add decals and make a race car than it is to remove numbers and create a street car. Here is an extra Chevelle I had from the first batch and a set of decals and instant race car.

So, yes I like race cars. And I am happy to get them. Just not only race cars. When family comes over they all love to run the muscle cars just like Vin Deisel.

I call 2 street cars back in the lineup after many years a very welcome thing. If others are sad to see the loss of the Torino and 57 Chevy, I feel your pain!

Wait and see and Carrera might come back with some more cars to your taste. I expect the GT 40 and Gran Sport to return in 1/24 and someday a Cobra in 1/24 as well.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Sorry to inform you, but Cuda and '69 Camaro were scrapped!

And I always felt physical pain, when I had to put a racing-livery on a roadcar and vice versa.
It's the same as with the Corvette and '65 Mustang which were our first US-focussed offerings.
We intended to do the Grand Sport and Shelby, but were talked out of it.
To be stuck with the tame roadversions, while the competition goes full steroids, that can ruin your days.

Regarding the Cobra: I can only imagine in parts what would happen, if we put a 427-livery on our 289-body.
And there are not much 289-variations left that would justify a new car.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car News!