[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Policar Track

New Policar Track

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: New Policar Track

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 pm

I think some advantages of this Policar track might be -
1) Slot liner which is generally preferred over Scaley.

2) Smaller footprint compared to Carrera.

3) Most likely excellent electrical connections.

4) Lane changers should be plug and play with the Slot It Digital system or at least very easy to convert.

Keep in mind that Slot It is behind this track system and they generally make good stuff. I am not saying that I think this track is a game changer but may end up being a really good choice for some.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

mattb if you had used Carrera track as long as I have you would know, as I do, it's far from
perfect or even being the 'gold standard.'

I like my Carrera track better than any current alternative, doesn't make it better... no,
just means I like it. Maybe I'll like this new track also....maybe better.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm

I've been running on Carrera since the great Etoys blowout, 1990? Whenever that was. While I will admit it takes an adult to assemble Carrera and the wider you make it, 4 lanes or more it is harder to assemble. It does have great electrical connections and I have never had a bad connection between tracks. I've never had it come apart. My only complaint is the extreme banking on the banked turns.

I think Carrera is as close to 1/24 scale commercial track racing as you can get with plastic track. Maybe that is why we don't see it the same. We run only 1/24 and re run on large tracks. Not really the same as home track racing with 1/32.
Old guys like me can't see a 1/32 car 60 feet away!

I have been able to buy a lot of track reasonable by watching Ebay and buying lots from guys that quit racing. If I had to pay sticker price for Carrera, I would have built another routed track and accepted that any future changes would have been harder to do then expanding with the plug and play of Carrera.

Let's hope Mauricio is successful with this, but it just looks like the similiar product as is already on the market.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 pm

I did see the distance alleged between lanes as just over 3.5 inches, i think it said 90mm with 60mm borders but will be finished with a rough surface, sorry Harry but it is to eventually have a connector so Ninco can be used with it.
It can or will be in the future expa dable up to 8 lanes apparently , but i think it is a long way off from the retailers shelves.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby WB2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm

It would have been nice to have a three lane plastic track.
It's obvious Policar is going after the huge European-style tracks with the eight lane offerings and the means to adapt to Ninco. And if it adapts to Ninco, I would think the surface would be similar.
I wonder if it will feature the raised rail like Ninco.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm

I like the looks of this new track, but I have a 4 lane Carrera 175 feet lap and it has 2 #4 High Banked Curves and I think they are great

Back in the 70's Revel track was the Shite, heck even Batman had a set

Artin sold a bunch of track, everyone has a box of it rusting out in the garage

I can still remember how everyone hooted and hollered about scally sport 15 years ago

Now we have policar to choose from, glad to see a new track than see another slot company close up

like it or not this is a good thing
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Czar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 am

Ya'll need to step back and look at what you're comparing this to. You need to compare this to Scaley and Ninco as that is the target track, not Carrera. Carrera is by itself because of it's size and being able to run 1/24's comfortably puts it in a class by itself.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 am

carlosinseattle

Postby munter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm

News leak!!!!! It might also be that ScaleAuto will be releasing a track system in the near future.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:00 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby 4380r » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 am

If anyone is interested in track that is the true 'gold standard:' true 1/24 scale (4" lane centers) THREE lane Scalextric, I have a very large quantity I'm considering selling. See for sale section. Compares favorably with Carrera in every way.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:31 am

Munter is correct. In addition, there is also another one due out later this year so three new systems in total you will have.

Absolutely nuts.

Completely unsustainable. They can't all succeed. The retailers will revolt - too much inventory/choice for a microscopic market.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am

Jules don't make such a subjective opinion about more 2 lane 1/32 tracks.... Have you held them, have you looked at them????
Everybody needs 2 or 3 different 1/32 tracks at home that all do the same thing! Too much inventory for a miniscule market?? What??
We are big hobby.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 am

I suspect Slot.it knows a few things about being successful in this hobby or they would not be doing it.

As for the hobby size and brands disappearing: then stop making the same car over and over. Do 4 manufacturers all have to offer the exact same car?

As an example:
1:32 WRX
ScaleAuto
Scalextric
Ninco
Avant
SCX
MSC

Porsche 9XX
I'm not going to waste typing on this one.

The brands eat each other with this type of repetitive manufacturing. And yes, I understand they are all "different". However, I don't need 6 different brands of a specific car since they drive differently as well.

To that end, I'm glad Scalextric has really been the only major player in Trans-Am - keeps my cars similar in performance.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car News!