[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Commercial Tracks Making a Comeback?

Commercial Tracks Making a Comeback?

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Commercial Tracks Making a Comeback?

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:55 am

At least around this area Indiana (1), Kentucky (1), Tennessee (3)
All of these tracks have adapted a spec racing series that includes DRAG, GTP, NASCAR,VINTAGE NASCAR (60s,70s,80s.90s,.. FAIRGROUNDS, and even FIGURE 8 CLASSES. All using H&R chassis, Pro Track tires/wheels, M/T-5 Motors, and hard body model car kits. All have a FB presence.

Anyone else seeing this in your areas ?

Innovative Slots 2652 Brill Rd. Indpls, IN. 4622

Bullitt Dragway 4150 E. Blue Lick Rd. Louisville Ky. 40229

SlotCars-R-Us "The Track" 101 Highland Dr White House, Tennessee 37188 (615) 26-4094

Redlight Raceway 7859 Hwy 25E Cross Plains, Tennessee 37049 (615) 566-4342

Tennessee Top Slots 1005 Scottsville Td Lafayette, Tennessee 37083 (615) 670-9272

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Re: Commercial Tracks Making a Comeback?

Postby 4424ever » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 am

Nothing like that around here but it sure is nice to see!
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 am

White House TN has changed! Last time I was there it was a little country town with a huge Baptist church and a couple of gas stations. I guess its one of those "bedroom suburbs" of Nashville now. What an amazing King track.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:24 pm

There's a drag strip just north of Cincy.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I have been to the tracks in TN with the exception of TN Top Slots. Had planned to go there yesterday but I had a 5 pm commitment with my mom. I was in Louisville for the Black Friday racing. 4 classes ran I left after the 3rd class after 8 hours of fun. Bullitt is where I got my start but an hour drive or less is a relief. The racing is close and the guys are great. Next stop will have to be a trip to Indy. 4 and half hours so the map says. So should make it in 4.

I recall being looked at strangely when I took my hard-body cars to one track. Some racers still say its like watching paint dry but I think more are realizing you can have fun at slower speeds. We ran with no breakout in Cross Plains two weeks ago. Not sure if that will be how they do it going forward.

Now to get some more cars built.

Arrold
Last edited by arroldn on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cobra » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 am

Nice to see more slot tracks opening up but at the end of the day they require too much floor space for the money they bring in, especially at today's commercial rental costs per square foot.
Cobra

Postby 4380r » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am

4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm

What's a lane worth these days by the hour? ...there's 8 so if all were full times hours open at best...it's the counter sales that'll carry one of these places. And therein lies a huge problem with online.
I guess to compete , sell online also?
No one likes seeing one of these tracks more then me but I also remember the late 60s and how fast they disappeared with real musclecars.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Was at RedLight Raceway last night. The guys have become speed demons. The go to gear has gone from 10/24 to 14/24. Speeds have went from the 2.800 secs down to the 2.300s.Some even hit 2.200s Still running the MT/5 motor but some are burning up. Some are trying to cool them down with compressed air between lane changes. I re-geared my car to 12/24 but burned it up last night. I had too much weight in the car from where it had been set up for Bullitt in Louisville. Josh is introducing a IROC class next week on Friday nights 9/31 gear only. The hotrod class will run on Thursday nights. Just as they said hard bodies were slow. I heard last night UM that is really slow when one person tested his IROC car. So my question is racing about who can go the fastest or who completes the most laps? To me going the fastest is why you have drag racing. Maybe I've been proxy racing to long. :| Video from last night.

https://www.facebook.com/josh.patterson ... 992007581/
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car News!